Supervisor Professional Coding-Burle Building
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61477 Balance Sheet Posting - Coding Services
Coding Services Physician Practices
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
Full-Time (1.0 FTE); 7:30am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday with flexibility once trained.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for Supervision of the Professional Coding Department, which is responsible for the coding, and billing of all physician services. This position is also responsible for applying appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient health information for data retrieval, analysis, and claims processing. An additional purpose of this job is to monitor compliance through review and evaluation of the providers’ documentation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Supervise Coding for PBS Coding Team
- Works closely with the Manager of Professional Coding to keep abreast of coding guidelines
- Evaluates, develops and implements efficient processes
- Coordinates and oversees provider chart review and education
- Performs all supervisory duties including staffing, evaluating and disciplining direct reports
- Monitors staff productivity and accuracy
- Assists with staff schedules, project assignment and monitors adherence to time-lines.
- Assists with evaluation of denials, implementing any changes in process or EPIC edits/functionality
- Assists with continuing educational needs of the PBS Coding Team, working with various payers, national associations, etc. to secure web-based, on-site, or other educational opportunities.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as requested.
- Prepares reports for administration as needed to summarize coding issues.
- Provides support through special projects as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate's Degree preferred.
- Formal education in ICD-10-CM coding, CPT-4 coding, and medical terminology.
- Certification as a Certified Coding Specialist for Physicians (CCS-P) or a Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
- 3-5 years of ICD-10-CM coding experience.
- 3-5 years of CPT-4 coding experience.
- 5+ years of physician office billing experience preferred.
- Surgical coding experience is highly desired.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/20/2020