Supervisor Pharmacy Informatics
Lancaster General Hospital
7570 Pharmacy & IV Solutions
Pharmacy & IV Solutions- Administration
Job Title: Supervisor Pharmacy Informatics
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working Monday through Friday with no weekends or holidays
Provides the oversight of systems and personnel who support them for the applications that the pharmacy department serves as system administrators. Partners with the IS department on managing change control, features, and future state of clinical systems, including the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Functions as a liaison between the clinicians and the information systems (I.S.) department. Functions collaboratively as a clinician, educator, and innovator with a primary responsibility of promoting safety, high quality, and innovative patient care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Manages the system for which the pharmacy acts as the system administrator including IV preparation systems, automated dispensing cabinets, automated pharmacy storage machines, and technologies used in verifying/preparing medications.
- Understands and providers guidance and support for the use of systems used by the staff in the pharmacy department.
- Manages change control and pharmacy testing of items and modifications in the EHR.
- Develops reports and auditing tools to support end users in promoting safety and compliance.
- Provides leadership and direction. Coordinates meetings and ensures appropriate expertise is applied to projects/tasks, resolves all issues.
- Works closely with end users in the clinical environment to optimize their use of clinical systems. Develops and coordinates a team of super-users. Responsible for facilitating communication across the pharmacy service line regarding informatics systems.
- Participates in performance improvement and patient/medication safety efforts by identifying and working with IS resources to implement improvements to the EHR.
- Acts as a liaison between pharmacy and IS.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. pharmacy or PharmD required.
- Three (3) years general hospital experience.
- Current Pharmacist licensure (or eligible to reciprocate) in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required.
- A healthcare provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs.
- One (1) year IS experience as a systems administrator, project lead, super-user, or similar role.
Posted on 10/16/2019
- Masters in a related field.
- Supervisory experience.
- Managing projects.