Supervisor Patient Service
Lancaster General Hospital
1020 Food Service - General
Food Service - Supervisors
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Position will work 4 days/week between the hours of 10:30am - 9:00pm; EOW/EOH
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Supervises the assembly of patient trays, their distribution and collection, and their disassembly. Assures quality, sanitation and safety standards are maintained. Enforces policies and procedures. Performs administrative and clerical duties. Assists in the assembly of meals for Meals-On-Wheels Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Supervise the daily functions of the patient food services.
- Supervise Patient Care Hosts/Food Service employees on a daily basis including, evaluating, performance, ensuring core competencies, disciplining, training, etc.
- Conduct on a monthly basis 100% of the patient satisfaction surveys, test trays, hostess therapeutics, HS snack checks, pager checks, PCH side work checks, and pantry checks.
- Supervise the operation of tray line ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, rules and regulations, etc.
- Manage kitchen function; overseeing cooks, patient care host/hostess, cashiers, utility, etc in the absence of senior management.
- Actively help in preparing staff, facility, and equipment for surveys (State Department of Health, JCAHO, etc).
- Respond to patient/customer complaints and follow up with event reports.
- Ensure adequate supplies for the department such as tube feedings and dietary supplements.
- Retrieve diet orders for all meals and snacks and sort them by each individual unit.
- Enter the meal charges daily for guest meals and outpatient trays.
- Manage the time and attendance process for all PCH and supervisor and checking for accuracy at the end of each pay period.
- Supervise the opening and closing of the kitchen on a daily basis.
- Prepares work schedule, making adjustments as needed.
- Provides orientation and training for personnel and work area meetings.
·Supervises assigned personnel in the performance of their duties. Assures standards are maintained and policies and procedures followed.
- Checks food temperatures and equipment prior to and during tray assembly to make sure food is maintained at safe and desirable temperatures.
·Maintains established tray assembly time schedule and checks trays to assure standards of appearance and accuracy are maintained.
·Participates in the assembly of meals for the Meals-On-Wheels Program and maintains records of clients and meals provided.
- Inspects the department at the end of work shift and documents information on Daily Supervisor Report.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Performs clerical duties associated with the maintenance of diet records.
- Visits patients to obtain information and comments as to quality of service being provided.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) years experience in patient food service
- One (1) year of supervisory/scheduling experience
- Two (2) years of sanitation experience
- One (1) year of experience in nutrition
Posted on 09/05/2019
- One (1) year of customer relations experience