Supervisor Patient Service
every other weekend, every other holiday. Four 10 hour shifts per week.
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Full-Time, ( 40 hours p/ week), Four 10 hour shifts per week), every other weekend/holiday
POSITION SUMMARY: Supervises the assembly of patient trays, their distribution and collection, and their disassembly. Assures quality, sanitation and safety standards are maintained. Enforces policies and procedures. Performs administrative and clerical duties. Assists in the assembly of meals for Meals-On-Wheels Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Supervise the daily functions of the patient food services.
- Supervise Patient Care Hosts/Food Service employees on a daily basis including, evaluating, performance, ensuring core competencies, disciplining, training, etc.
- Conduct on a monthly basis 100% of the patient satisfaction surveys, test trays, hostess therapeutics, HS snack checks, pager checks, PCH side work checks, and pantry checks.
- Supervise the operation of tray line ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, rules and regulations, etc.
- Manage kitchen function; overseeing cooks, patient care host/hostess, cashiers, utility, etc in the absence of senior management.
- Actively help in preparing staff, facility, and equipment for surveys (State Department of Health, JCAHO, etc).
- Respond to patient/customer complaints and follow up with event reports.
- Ensure adequate supplies for the department such as tube feedings and dietary supplements.
- Retrieve diet orders for all meals and snacks and sort them by each individual unit.
- Enter the meal charges daily for guest meals and outpatient trays.
- Manage the time and attendance process for all PCH and supervisor and checking for accuracy at the end of each pay period.
- Supervise the opening and closing of the kitchen on a daily basis.
- Prepares work schedule, making adjustments as needed.
- Provides orientation and training for personnel and work area meetings.
·Supervises assigned personnel in the performance of their duties. Assures standards are maintained and policies and procedures followed.
- Checks food temperatures and equipment prior to and during tray assembly to make sure food is maintained at safe and desirable temperatures.
·Maintains established tray assembly time schedule and checks trays to assure standards of appearance and accuracy are maintained.
·Participates in the assembly of meals for the Meals-On-Wheels Program and maintains records of clients and meals provided.
- Inspects the department at the end of work shift and documents information on Daily Supervisor Report.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Performs clerical duties associated with the maintenance of diet records.
- Visits patients to obtain information and comments as to quality of service being provided.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) years experience in patient food service
- One (1) year of supervisory/scheduling experience
- Two (2) years of sanitation experience
- One (1) year of experience in nutrition
- One (1) year of customer relations experience
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: conveyors, warmer unit, refrigerated units, freezer units, dish machine, pot machine, elevators, lifts, telephone, calculator, scale, utensils, thermometer
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/19/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.