Supervisor Patient Access Lititz (Full Time/ Day Shift)
LOCATION: Lititz, PA
SHIFT: Full-Time, M-F. 8:00 am- 5:00 pm.
On-Call weekend/holiday rotation. Hybrid (remote/in-person) schedule available upon completion of introductory period.
POSITION SUMMARY: Monitors and coordinates daily activities of the Patient Access staff in a high volume on demand contact center. Promotes teamwork and creates a positive working environment. Drives performance through effective coaching and quality monitoring. Develops, counsels, disciplines, reviews, trains, and hires staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares/oversees time and attendance, absence management, and work schedule to meet the demands of our customers. Assigns and prioritizes staff workload.
- Organizes and prepares performance evaluations and provides support and encouragement for staff development and advancement of skills. Adjusts staffing levels or processes accordingly. Communicates departmental dashboard to key stakeholders.
- Develops, counsels, disciplines, reviews, trains, and hires staff.
- Responds to complaints, problems, or opportunities in a timely and professional manner.
- Timely and effective recruitment and selection of employees.
- Performance management focused on driving high results, including the timely offering of constructive counseling and corrective action.
- A focus on supporting and contributing to employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Talent management and ongoing employee development- including ensuring the availability of training and employee developmental opportunities and encouraging self-learning which enhances performance and contributes to a meaningful sense of teamwork by developing and supporting colleagues.
- Identify customer and staffs’ evolving needs, measure customer/employee engagement, and modify processes to improve services.
- Using reports, metrics and real time statistics, monitors staff and ensures that productivity and quality standards are being met continually throughout the work day.
- Performs functions of scheduling during high call volume, staff absences, or other times to meet the goals of the overall department or to provide service to the customers. Initiates actions or makes recommendations for improvement. Troubleshoots escalated issues and works to provide immediate solution and preventatives measures.
- Ensures training materials are developed and keep up to date.
- Engages staff in process and technology improvement. Ensures staff has tools required to be successful. Promotes positive working relationships with teammates and internal customers.
- Assists with special projects as requested. Creates staff awareness of the benefit and value that the department brings to the organization.
- Salary administration.
- Serves as a leader and role model for staff by demonstrating all LG Health Values and Every Time Behaviors. Holds staff accountable for following the same behaviors.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Oversees onboarding and training of staff.
- All other duties as assigned by the manager.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two to three years formal or informal leadership experience; preferably in health care.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Two to three years call center experience.
- Two years of experience managing others.
- Two years’ experience in scheduling and/or validation in a health care environment.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/05/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.