Supervisor Nurse Family Partnership
Lancaster General Hospital
7593 Healthy Beginnings Plus
Healthy Beginnings Plus
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time- Weekdays, day shift with occasional evening and Saturdays. Must have a car for home visitation.
POSITION SUMMARY: Clinically supervises and provides support to assigned Nurse Family Partnership staff. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (newborn through 8 weeks old), adolescent (13 through 18 years), and adult (19 through 55 years).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintains ongoing record of assigned staff’s' performance and documentation including solicitation of input from others and completes department performance review processes.
- Directly observes and debriefs clinical sessions with staff as defined by Nurse Family Partnership Program
- Serves as staff consultant on difficult cases and with work process issues (interdepartmental communication problems, etc.).
- Assists clinical teams with ongoing processes and special projects.
- Assists the Manager in achieving departmental operational goals relation to productivity, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the principles of leadership by collaborating with other members of the health team in order to determine and achieve patient care goals.
- Keeps abreast of changes in the field by participating in appropriate educational and training experiences and by sharing this with staff as applicable and defined by Nurse Family Partnership.
- Facilitates the orientation of new employees.
- Maintains and monitors office building and assists with obtaining required maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing
- Three (3) years experience in Maternal Child Health or a related field.
- Two (2) years experience in Home visitation or a related field.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Posted on 12/03/2019
- Bachelors degree in Nursing required, a Master’s degree
- Five (5) years clinical/hospital experience