Supervisor Medication History Specialist; (Full Time, Day Shift)
Supervisor position responsible for staffing and day to day operation of the Medication History team. Primary day shift but will need to spend time on off shifts to support employees. Responsible for accountability and efficiency of the team as new services are rolled out.
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinate and provide leadership for the daily functions of the Medication History Specialist team, in a manor so as to provide efficient medication history services, vaccine screening, and other clinical screenings. Serve as subject matter expert for the roles and duties of med history team at LGH. Represents the perspective of the med history team within the departments leadership team.
Job Description: Supervisor position responsible for staffing and day to day operation of the Medication History team. Primary day shift but will need to spend time on off shifts to support employees. Responsible for accountability and efficiency of the team as new services are rolled out.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Coordinates daily activities of medication history specialists, obtaining medication histories, patient screenings, and vaccine administration
- Participates in and drives engagement of med history team in continues improvement projects and department initiatives
- Supports the recruitment, onboarding, and development of med history specialists
- Supports department efforts around safety, quality, and regulatory compliance
- Collaboratively ensures accurate and timely completion of medication histories and clinical screenings
- Monitors and manages work schedules to ensure that quality, production, inventory management, and customer service goals and standards are maintained
- Completes annual performance evaluations accurately and on time and provides ongoing feedback to staff regarding daily activities
- Provides direct leadership to medication history specialists
- Ensures appropriate communication between members of the team including locations and shifts
- Serves as a subject matter expert in terms of progressive ways to use medication history specialist to deliver optimal care within LGH
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or successful completion of general educational development (GED) exam.
- LPN degree OR higher.
- Five (5) years of hospital experience.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Licensure which allows vaccine administration in PA.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/19/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.