Supervisor Environmental Services
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Monday - Friday 9:30a - 6:30p
POSITION SUMMARY: Directs housekeepers in accomplishing the housekeeping services of the hospital interior and related hospital properties as well as coordinating, assigning and monitoring projects in patient, clinical and public areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for the efficient and effective utilization of assigned personnel, equipment and supplies in carrying out housekeeping operations and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness.
- Plans, coordinates, assigns, and monitors projects in all patient, clinical, and public areas, developing and maintain a system of communication among the LGH staff.
- Guides the development of the staff through instruction and direct training and in service follow-up, providing direction, coordinating and reviewing their activities.
- Responsible for personnel administration including performance evaluations, work schedules, time schedules, payroll time recording process, and policy administration.
- Responsible for department quality assurance and process improvement activities including adherence to all regulatory and accreditation guidelines.
- Coordinates the disposal, transfer and/or storage of hospital furniture, equipment, and supplies, as necessary and possesses a working knowledge of MSDS, compactor recycling operations and universal precautions.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Interviews job applicants and investigates and assesses recommended terminations of employees for final decisions by the Manager.
- Responsible for testing and making recommendations on products, systems, and procedure changes and methods relative to greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties, such as lubricating equipment, replacing and repairing component parts, adjusting and regulating of equipment, and ensuring proper conditioning of all transport equipment (wheelchairs, beds and litters).
- Develops operational procedures for equipment by observing and evaluating equipment tracking, repair and usage.
- Directs a safety program, with investigation and corrective follow up of safety issues and holds regular staff meetings.
- Attends in-services and programs as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong supervisory administrative skills.
- Two (3) years of experience in a hospital environmental services setting.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/17/2021