Supervisor- Emergency Department Registration (Full time/Night shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
3rd shift registration supervisor in the Emergency Department. Weekend and holiday on call rotation.
Are you interested in making a difference? Penn Medicine LG Health is seeking a qualified, full time Leader to serve our ED Registration team.
HOURS: Full Time 40 hours per week - 3rd Shift - Weekend and On Call Rotation required.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for supervising patient registration processes, bed control, customer service, insurance validation for all (but not limited to) patients requiring admission, Emergency Department services or Women & Babies Hospital Triage.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides supervision and coordination of hospital admissions, Emergency Department and WBH triage, registration functions and initiatives. Ensures that patient data and clinical information are properly collected into the teletracking, patient-link up, SMS-hospital information system and IBEX.
- Provides leadership and direction for direct line staff so that customer services plans for ED and inpatients are utilized and makes necessary adjustments when indicated. Participates in customer service initiatives that implement scripting standards for best practices. Utilizes various tools to reward employees who exhibit exceptional skills.
- Monitors data accuracy and facilitates any needed corrections to accounts. Develops and maintains productivity and accuracy measurements using various graphs and spreadsheets. Communicates performance expectations to direct reports.
- Participates in establishing, reviewing, and updating policies and procedures for Admissions, WBH triage and ED registration/greeters.
- Observes, evaluates, mentors and counsels employees according to HR policies. Administers performance evaluations for direct line reports, ensuring competencies and Lancaster General required Netlearning programs are met.
- Serves as a backup expert for the various software systems utilized in Admissions, WBH Triage and the ED.
- Participates and provides leadership in various interdepartmental councils.
- Reviews, audits and corrects problematic patient accounts as assigned by Patient Financial Services. Identifies root cause analysis and assists with devising corrective measures.
- Works collaboratively with management team in Admissions/ED/WBH Triage.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State regulations involving patient registration processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS diploma
- Medical terminology knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Two (2) years knowledge of the patient registration system is essential.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 2-5 years knowledge of patient registration.
- Strong computer background.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/19/2021