Supervisor Diagnostic Services -Ambulatory(FT/Days)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Job Title: Supervisor Diagnostic Services Ambulatory(FT/Days)
This positon is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working Dayshift with an on call rotation , no weekends or holidays.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs diagnostic services procedures/tests related to assigned area. Responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising daily operations of Ambulatory Diagnostics Services (Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging) as assigned. Assures that quality services are delivered with high reliability in conjunction with the respective physician leadership and management teams.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs diagnostic services procedures/tests and maintains clinical knowledge and expertise to effectively contribute to patient care as described in staff job description.
- Monitors and directs daily operations including staff schedules, workflow, supply inventory, patient care, equipment function, and intra- and inter-departmental communication.
- Understands Clinical and Information Technology systems and software products as they apply to area of expertise. Provides direction to staff and others in episodes of information system downtime.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and develops strong collaborative relationships with peers, physicians, vendors, and customers.
- Provides site specific support and collaboration regardless of clinical focus including emergency preparedness, customer service, employee relations and business initiatives/goals.
- Contributes to quality assurance and process improvement programs; ensuring effective change control in implementation of new policies, technology, or procedural changes for specific workgroups.
- Assists in the development of policies or procedures and coordinates training associated with new policies or procedures to provide clarity and staff compliance.
- Provides expertise in initial investigation of exception situations, equipment failure, or other adverse events. Documents any such events and escalates resolution through additional resources with appropriate judgment and urgency.
- Prepares and monitors cost center finances including budget variance reporting, and value management.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Registration/Certification in clinical healthcare field that includes clinical registration or certification in a diagnostic discipline such as Laboratory or Radiology medicine. (Certifications could include those such: as American Society of Clinical Pathologists; American Society of Radiologic Technologist, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.)
- Five (5) years of experience in healthcare.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Allied Health or a related degree.
- Three (3) or more years in Diagnostic Services.
- Three (3) or more years in an ambulatory healthcare environment.
- Previous supervisory experience.
This position requires a Professional Certification
THis position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/01/2021