Supervisor Diagnostic Services
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising daily acute operations of Diagnostics Services (Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging) as assigned. Assures that quality services are delivered with high reliability in conjunction with the respective physician leadership and management teams.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full-time, 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week working Monday-Friday on 1st shift. No weekend or holiday rotation. On-call rotation requirement of approximately 5 weeks/year.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Monitors and directs daily operations including staff schedules, workflow, supply inventory, patient care, equipment function, and intra- and inter-departmental communication.
- Develops and maintains department standards to ensure quality care is provided. Monitors departmental compliance to all regulatory agencies affecting the dept.
- Facilitates and/or provides expertise in initial investigation of exception situations, equipment failure, or other adverse events. Documents any such events and escalates resolution through additional resources with appropriate judgment and urgency.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Clinical and Information Technology systems and software products as they apply to area of expertise. Provides direction to staff and others in episodes of information system downtime.
- Leads quality assurance and process improvement programs; ensuring effective change control in implementation of new policies, technology, or procedural changes for specific workgroups.
- Develops and/or assists in the creation of policies or procedures subject to review of physician leadership and management. Coordinates training associated with new policies or procedures to provide clarity and staff compliance.
- Provides technical guidance and expertise to staff. Functions in a clinical or technical role in the acute care setting as needed. Maintains clinical knowledge and expertise to effectively contribute to patient care when needed.
- Serves on committees and task forces as requested. Works with varied intra- and inter- departmental teams to assure care continuity and process improvement.
- Assists in preparation and monitoring departmental finances including budget variance reporting, and value management.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Registration/Certification in clinical healthcare field that includes clinical registration or certification in Radiology and Computed Tomography. (Certifications could include those such as: American Society of Radiologic Technologist, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Associates degree in Allied Health or a related degree.
- Five (5) years of experience in healthcare.
- Three (3) or more years in Diagnostic Services.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Allied Health or a related degree.
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Fax, Printer, Copier, other dept specific hardware, Office Supplies.
Software: Microsoft Office products, Clinical Information Systems, Kronos (Time and Attendance), Financial Information Systems and other dept specific software
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/22/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.