Supervisor Data Architecture
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2529 Business Intelligence
Business Intelligence- Analytics
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full Time - day shift, occasional weekends as needed
POSITION SUMMARY: This working supervisor role is responsible for leading and professionally developing a team of Data Architects, overseeing project and issue prioritization, cultivating processes and standards, and supporting customer and organizational needs by implementing data models, architecture, and analytics to support the organization’s mission and vision. The supervisor acts to champion Business Intelligence (BI) benefits across the organization and promote BI usage to relevant departments. The supervisor will align BI projects with overall business strategy. The supervisor will actively contribute to the BI strategic planning, architecture, data governance, and overall data quality for the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of employees including removing of roadblocks and giving direction on projects and initiatives. Develops and implements tools to monitor employee performance, and develops departmental metrics.
- Responsible for directing the work and goals of individual team members including capacity planning.
- Reviews/assesses skill sets of direct reports, identifies skill gaps/deficiencies and develops appropriate training plans to meet customer expectations and departmental goals.
- Leads the data model architecture of the enterprise data warehouse, external organization feeds to corporate or third party vendors and, ingested data for strategic projects.
- Leads creation of data models for self-service Business Intelligence environments.
- Responsible to create and manage source control, validation, development and governance standards for data architecture team.
- Works closely with technical and application teams to optimize database technology and to ensure data integration across the organization.
- Monitors major implementation projects, work plan hours, and budget for current and planned upgrades associated with third party applications and integrations, including integrations with other systems, and monitors ROI as necessary.
- Participates in the incorporation of new technologies into operations to enhance reporting (including self-service capabilities), automation of manual processes and improve data integrity.
- Keeps current with latest technology; regularly attends Epic training in order to maintain technical competency.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Interfaces with vendors to provide support and requirements definitions.
- Oversees and promotes Lancaster General Business Intelligence data science activities and supports collaboration of data science activities with corporate data science and innovation teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Health Care Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analytics, Statistics, or a related field is required.
- Six (6) years’ experience working as data architect with in-depth knowledge of RDBMS systems, (specifically MS SQL and management tools)
- Three (3) years’ experience with multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven mentor to teammates to advance projects, work and goals.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of tools and technologies including data modeling, relational database structure, PL/SQL, data warehousing, and business intelligence tools.
- Ability to cooperatively and effectively work with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy.
- Must be a tactical visionary, strategic thinker, creative problem solver and analytic professional with enterprise perspective and broad business and technology acumen.
- Ability to understand the enterprise environment and competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting data and reporting goals in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and follow through until resolution.
- Commitment to high quality customer service and teamwork.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines. Must be able to pay attention to detail and work accurately.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working in complex and dynamic environments.
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
- Prior experience in leading/managing teams.
- Proficiency with data analysis and visualization tools, SQL query development, other analysis languages (Python, R), data warehousing, and statistical modeling tools.
- Understanding of clinical care delivery and major industry trends impacting health care.
- Experience working with healthcare data.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 06/08/2021