Lancaster General Medical Grp
61477 Balance Sheet Posting - Coding Services
HOURS: Full-Time (1.0 FTE); 7:30am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday with flexibility once trained.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for Supervision of the Professional Coding Department, which is responsible for the coding, and billing of all physician services. This position is also responsible for applying appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient health information for data retrieval, analysis, and claims processing. An additional purpose of this job is to monitor compliance through review and evaluation of the providers’ documentation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Supervise Coding for PBS Coding Team
- Works closely with the Manager of Professional Coding to keep abreast of coding guidelines
- Evaluates, develops and implements efficient processes
- Coordinates and oversees provider chart review and education
- Performs all supervisory duties including staffing, evaluating and disciplining direct reports
- Monitors staff productivity and accuracy
- Assists with staff schedules, project assignment and monitors adherence to time-lines.
- Assists with evaluation of denials, implementing any changes in process or EPIC edits/functionality
- Assists with continuing educational needs of the PBS Coding Team, working with various payers, national associations, etc. to secure web-based, on-site, or other educational opportunities.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as requested.
- Prepares reports for administration as needed to summarize coding issues.
- Provides support through special projects as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate's Degree preferred.
- Formal education in ICD-10-CM coding, CPT-4 coding, and medical terminology.
- Certification as a Certified Coding Specialist for Physicians (CCS-P) or a Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
- 3-5 years of ICD-10-CM coding experience.
- 3-5 years of CPT-4 coding experience.
- 5+ years of physician office billing experience preferred.
- Surgical coding experience is highly desired.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Posted on 08/08/2019