Supervisor Behavioral Health Intervention Team (Social Worker) (Full Time, Varied Hours)
This is a full-time, 1.0 FTE, 80 hours per pay period position. Shift hours are flexible, but must include coverage either between 3:00am-7:00am or 3:00pm-7:00pm. No holiday or weekend rotations. Some on call coverage required when Manager is on vacation.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Supervisor Behavioral Health Intervention Team (BIT) is a licensed behavioral health professional who provides clinical support and administrative direction in the day to day operations of the BIT team under the direction of the Manager of Behavioral Health. The Supervisor will be responsible for direct supervision of the Behavioral Health Resource Coordinators on the team. The supervision works closely with the Manager and other service line leaders in activities related to program development and implementation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Collaborate with leaders in the development of goals and outcomes for the BIT team.
- Engage in process and quality improvement activities.
- Supervise the Behavioral Health Resource Coordinators.
- Mentor team members including providing positive reinforcement and critical feedback to improve standard work.
- Develop and deliver staff training and education and engage in new team member orientation and onboarding.
- Organize and facilitate meetings with staff and participate in work groups with other stakeholders.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments; assessing for mental health and substance use disorders, delivers evidence based brief interventions, utilizes motivational interviewing skills and coordinates ongoing care plan and manages transitions of care to best serve the needs of the patient.
- Utilize advanced behavioral health training and assessment skills to independently determine and develop both treatment plans and behavior plans based on patient needs.
- Serve as a behavioral health advocate and liaison interfacing with medical providers and health care staff across the continuum of care, in the emergency department, hospital settings, primary and specialty care. Coordinates care across the continuum (inpatient/outpatient/community) to assure appropriate utilization of clinical and community resources.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with community based providers of inpatient and outpatient mental health and addiction treatment.
- Provide clinical oversight and guidance to other behavioral health team members; prioritizes and delegates tasks for efficient and safe care delivery.
- Collaborate with psychiatry and addiction medicine providers in team based care.
- Actively participate in the planning, development, implementation and quality improvement of behavioral health services.
- Complete clinical documentation in accordance with departmental documentation standards.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) or Master’s degree (MA or MS) in counseling, psychology or related discipline.
- Active license from the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors. (LSW or LCSW or LMFT or LPC).
- Three years of experience working in a behavioral health or medical or human services setting.
- Prior case management experience working in a team based environment.
- Knowledge of community mental health and drug and alcohol treatment resources.
- PA Certification Board credential (i.e. Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor).
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/09/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.