Supervisor Administrative Support Services
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7598 Willow Lakes-Laboratory Testing
Regional Operations Gap/Chester
This position is located at Willow Lakes Outpatient Center
HOURS: Full Time - Hours of operation of Lab Testing, Mon-Fri 6:30am-7:00pm, Sat 7am-11am- Employee will work 40 hour work week but needs to be flexible with coverage of lab hours
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates all aspects of the business office including oversight of all office responsibilities at the assigned practice or department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Oversees Patient Access and ensures patient registration and/or scheduling policies and procedures are standardized, interpreted uniformly and consistently, and systemically applied at the site. Assists and supports front office staff in scheduling, registration and work queue functions as needed. Provides and communicates additional employer cost containment practices, which have an immediate effect and/or impact in the patient registration process. Distributes reports according to the established frequency of patient accounts that have errors, associated with billing and/or regulatory compliance, as necessary.
- Supervises front office staff, completes performance evaluations and provides educational experiences for assigned personnel, coordinates disciplinary action in accordance with Hospital and Department policies, conducts staff meetings, and ensures proper completion of time cards.
- Ensures compliance with department, hospital and regulatory standards. Enhanced knowledge of IT/software system utilized by Lancaster General and ensures implementation into daily operations.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate and leader by being a positive influence at all times in the handling of customer and employee issues. Communicates all LG Health policies, values, mission and vision with clarity and completeness. Communicates with all customers including physicians, office staff, patients and fellow employees in a professional manner while keeping customer service as top priority. Monitors patient satisfaction and develops action plans as appropriate.
- Develops successful working relationships with physician practices or hospital departments and ensures adoption and implementation of strategies that will meet the demands of healthcare now and in the future.
- Participates in development, implementation and review of systems, policies and procedures while coordinating the procedural flow of activity and patients within the health care center or health system, and helps to direct and/or support such important ventures and projects as Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Attends and actively participates in a variety of LG Health meetings and committees, as assigned.
- May coordinate and actively participate in the marketing of all site services, new program development/expansion, and all other related activities as directed by the Director or management team.
- May participate in the on-call practices for afterhours support based on location need.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Two (2) years of office experience.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience.
- One (1) year of using medical terminology.
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/10/2020