Supervisor Administrative Support Services
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
40 hours/week, 1.0 FTE. Flexible schedule based on department and staffing needs preferred.
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates all aspects of the business office including oversight of all office responsibilities at the assigned practice or department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Oversees Patient Access and ensures patient registration and/or scheduling policies and procedures are standardized, interpreted uniformly and consistently, and systemically applied at the site. Assists and supports front office staff in scheduling, registration and work queue functions as needed. Provides and communicates additional employer cost containment practices, which have an immediate effect and/or impact in the patient registration process. Distributes reports according to the established frequency of patient accounts that have errors, associated with billing and/or regulatory compliance, as necessary.
- Supervises front office staff, completes performance evaluations and provides educational experiences for assigned personnel, coordinates disciplinary action in accordance with Hospital and Department policies, conducts staff meetings, and ensures proper completion of time cards.
- Ensures compliance with department, hospital and regulatory standards. Enhanced knowledge of IT/software system utilized by Lancaster General and ensures implementation into daily operations.
- Serves as a patient experience advocate and leader by being a positive influence at all times in the handling of customer and employee issues. Communicates all LG Health policies, values, mission and vision with clarity and completeness. Communicates with all customers including physicians, office staff, patients and fellow employees in a professional manner while keeping customer service as top priority. Monitors patient satisfaction and develops action plans as appropriate.
- Develops successful working relationships with physician practices or hospital departments and ensures adoption and implementation of strategies that will meet the demands of healthcare now and in the future.
- Participates in development, implementation and review of systems, policies and procedures while coordinating the procedural flow of activity and patients within the health care center or health system, and helps to direct and/or support such important ventures and projects as Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Attends and actively participates in a variety of LG Health meetings and committees, as assigned.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- May coordinate and actively participate in the marketing of all site services, new program development/expansion, and all other related activities as directed by the Director or management team.
- May participate in the on-call practices for afterhours support based on location need.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Two (2) years of office experience.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience.
- One (1) year of using medical terminology.
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
New Learning and Memory:
- The position requires that an individual be able to learn new tasks quickly and effectively. Job requirements change frequently. The ability to understand and carry out detailed, involved instructions in mandatory.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking:
- The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products, Clinical Informatics Systems
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Occasionally
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Occasionally
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/10/2021