Supervisor, W/E Storeroom & PCES (Night)
Scheduled Work Hours: 7:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Scheduled workdays F, Sa, Su or Sa, Su, M (TBD)
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Full-time (36 Hours), 0.9 FTE
Scheduled Work Hours: 7:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Scheduled workdays F, Sa, Su or Sa, Su, M (To be determined)
POSITION SUMMARY: Assumes responsibility for developing and implementing effective supply management processes for General Stores Services – Storeroom and Patient Care Equipment Service (PCES) departments. Supervises staff and assists system-wide supply coordinators. Assures routine review of stock, non-stock, special order supplies and equipment to assure availability of clinically appropriate items is accomplished by pursuing cost efficient and effective practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Supervises daily operations of staff and assignments. Work schedule and supervision duties include Lancaster General Hospital (LGH), Suburban Pavilion (SP), Women & Babies Hospital (WBH) responsibility with weekend shifts. Primary responsibilities LGH, Secondary responsibilities SP and WBH facilities.
- Establishes par levels for inventory supplies and equipment and assists department managers with non-stock materials. Reviews daily replenishment request to assure appropriate product and equipment quantities are replenished. Establishes replenishment criteria for various department requirements.
- Responsible for coordinating daily ordering, stocking and delivery of supplies and processing of equipment. Establishes daily staff assignment priorities, accommodating urgent demands for supplies, movement of equipment, etc.
- Proactively manages the department operations. Ensures that supply order requisitions are entered into the Material Management computer system, equipment processing and transport is entered into Censitrac system as soon as they are received or processed. Monitors supply and equipment storage areas, including availability for use as needed.
- Participates in the development and implementation of short and long-range goals regarding inventories for department locations including cycle counts and periodic inventories. Plans, coordinates and implements resupply systems as new entities come online. Develops plans/solutions to accommodate areas that are in need of additional supplies and equipment or temporary storage space due to construction restraints within their existing areas.
- Orients, directs and supervises staff and assists system-wide supply coordinators. Provides training and tools to all supply staff members regarding policies, procedures, performance of assigned tasks. Disciplines, Recognizes, and Rewards staff accordingly.
- Responsible for personnel administration including performance evaluations, work schedules, time schedules, payroll time recording process, and policy administration.
- Consults as needed with clinical staff, nurse managers, and buyers regarding product issues; standardization opportunities and service requirements and satisfaction assessment.
- Collaborates with all department managers to assure effective replenishment, receiving, selection and integration of critical stock supply and equipment items.
- Monitors stock-outs; turn-over rates; product recalls; shelf life, obsolescence and cleanliness of all inventory on hand.
- Audits supply and equipment replenishment process to assure compliance with established standardized products.
- Ensures departments and storage areas are maintained in a clean, orderly, safe and secure condition.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Maintains current knowledge of and compliance with regulatory recommendations related to clinical supplies such as JCAHO, OSHA and State.
- Provides ongoing performance feedback and conducts performance evaluations for assigned employees in a timely fashion.
- Participates collaboratively in system-wide Value Analysis Team as needed; and other workgroups and committees.
- Acts in a consultative role for other clinical departments regarding supply and equipment management.
- Provides input to the planning and control of financial factors, such as budgets, and invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two to five years’ experience in warehousing, supply and equipment storage and receiving.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in inventory and/or purchasing management.
- Current working knowledge of computer-based materials management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in a cross-functional team working environment.
- Certification in Healthcare Logistics.
- Patient care experience.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, electric pallet jack, electric stacker, hand-held devices, carts.
Software: Microsoft Office Products, Lawson, Censitrac, Q-Sight, Materials Management Systems, Kronos.
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/21/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.