Supervisor, Surgical Services Supply Chain
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2530 General Stores
Supply Chain & Logistics
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
This is a supervisory position, responsible for the leadership of the surgical services supply chain for operations at all Lancaster General Hospital facilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Manages all surgical services supply lines; in-house, offline, patient specific and consignment. Monitor and maintain periodic automatic replenishment (PAR) levels and ensure supplies are adequate for case volume. Monitors supplies for obsolescence due to expiration, technology advances and surgeon preference changes.
- Collaborates with Perioperative and Materials Management teams for material requirements, cost reduction recommendations, process improvements, product recall activities, and routine and emergency supply issues.
- Supports and implements the process for managing inventory as an asset. This would involve the use of Lawson, QSight, and any other inventory management tools. Includes cycle counting with variance analysis and periodic physical inventories.
- Supervises daily operations of the OR Supply Chain team functions for all locations: includes assigned tasks and priorities, scheduling, training, education, rewarding, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Serves as a liaison between Surgical Services and Materials Management. Works with Cost Management Analyst to facilitate new product requests from operating room clinicians. Participates in the value analysis process with new product introduction and transition of current products.
- Develops and publishes reports to track and trend key department performance measures.
- Responsible for collaboration with Purchasing to investigate clinically acceptable solutions for back ordered products.
- Audit tracking system for bone and tissue.
- Manage item master file by setting up items within prescribed time frame.
- Communicates with employees, internal customers, and leadership regarding information relevant to the overall operation of the department and the health care system.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Acts as a role model for staff and serves as a resource for problem resolution.
- Responsible for direct report activities which include hiring, coaching, orienting, and timely evaluations.
- Participate in developing department budget and long range strategic plans.
- Attends and participates at departmental meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Graduate of an approved school of surgical technology
- Two (2) years or more of experience in an operating room.
- Two (2) years or more of personal computer experience, including multiple applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as it applies to healthcare data.)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and prioritizing abilities.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Two to four (2-4) years of supply chain management experience.
- One to two (1-2) years of SPD/OR/Materials supervisory experience.
- Lawson materials and OR information systems experience.
The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
New Learning and Memory:
A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking:
The requirement for autonomous problem solving or creativity of thought in the position is minimal. Problems encountered tend to involve a few concrete variables in or from standardized situations. Typically involves adhering to a chart or set procedure.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, calculator, pager, PDA, scanning wand
Software: Hospital information system, e-mail, Microsoft Office Products Lawson and OR information system
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Frequently
- Pull: Frequently
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Continuously
- Twist: Ocasionally
- Balance: Frequently
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Heavy, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Moving/Rotating Machinery
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/06/2021