At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full Time; Day Shift - no weekends or holidays.
POSITION SUMMARY: This working supervisor role is responsible for leading and professionally developing a team of Healthcare Data analysts, overseeing project and issue prioritization, cultivating processes and standards, and supporting the delivery of analyses and insights that impact the entire company. The supervisor acts to champion the value of Business Intelligence (BI) across the organization and promote BI usage to relevant departments. The supervisor will align business intelligence projects with overall business strategy. The supervisor will actively contribute to the Business Intelligence strategic planning, enhancements, data governance, and overall data quality for the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Translates the business need into data questions and guides the development of reports/queries/dashboards and validates data as part of the analysis process.
- Works closely with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization to identify reporting and analysis needs. Provides guidance regarding report design, data visualization and interpretation of statistical results.
- Ensures team can identify key takeaways from analyses and communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, with various levels of the organization.
- Provides peer review of critical reports and guidance to staff in their analysis of data sets and trends using statistical tools and techniques to determine significance and relevance.
- Determines appropriate scale for analyses to meet required timelines and/or the decision to be made.
- Develops an understanding of business processes and how to connect them with data.
- Easily builds and manages cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects with minimal oversight.
- Aware of potential risks that may impact the successful delivery of objectives by recognizing and identifying problems and contributing to a mitigation plan.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of employees (including dedicated staff) within the team including removing of roadblocks and giving direction on projects and work.
- Understands the multiple data sources the team relies on to accomplish their analytical tasks.
- Responsible for managing the work and goals of individual team members and develops team performance metrics.
- Assesses skill sets of direct reports, identifies skill gaps/deficiencies and develops appropriate training plans to meet customer expectations and departmental goals.
- Works collaboratively with IT and Operations to optimize workflow and data structures in order to continually improve efficiency and accuracy of reporting and analytic products.
- Partners with BI operations to identify and implement new technologies & automation in order to enhance reporting (including self-service capabilities), automation of manual processes and improve data integrity.
- Drives standards for the team and department related to reporting and data visualization (ie. reports, dashboards, scorecards).
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Ensures the accuracy of data by collaborating with various internal departments and external organizations to identify, communicate and develop solutions around data integrity issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Six (6) years in analytics, business intelligence, or related field.
- Three (3) years’ experience in managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven mentor to teammates to advance projects, work and goals of a team.
- Expert use of Microsoft Office applications, including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and MS Word required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be a tactical visionary, strategic thinker, creative problem solver and analytic professional with enterprise perspective and broad business and technology acumen.
- Ability to cooperatively and effectively work with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy.
- Ability to understand the enterprise environment and competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting data and reporting goals in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and follow through until resolution.
- Commitment to high quality customer service and teamwork.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines. Must be able to pay attention to detail and work accurately.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working in complex and dynamic environments.
- Prior experience in leading/managing teams.
- Experience working with healthcare data.
- Proficiency with data analysis and visualization tools, SQL query development, other analysis languages (Python, R), data warehousing, and statistical modeling tools.
- Understanding of clinical care delivery and major industry trends impacting health care.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 05/11/2021