POSITION SUMMARY: Summer Employees are used at different times throughout the Summer to support various departments throughout the hospital. Selected candidates will be matched with departments that have identified a need for the Summer. Candidates will need to attend an orientation at the beginning of their employment and be able to work with their department through the duration of their assignment. Areas of focus may include Employee Health, surgical services, IS, storeroom, food service and other departments as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Current undergraduate or graduate college student preferred.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION - The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
• The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY - The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
• Job demands are only moderately routine and predictable. Minor changes may occur which require the individual to be able to understand and carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING - The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
• The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
TEMPERAMENTS: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
• Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job; to be subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
• Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
• Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
• Planning and control: Ability to identify task requirements and monitor progress toward accomplishment.
• Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, copier, fax, Printer, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products, clinical information systems
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%Body Position/Movement:
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Occasionally
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Rarely
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 02/28/2020