Student Peer Tutor
PA College Of Health Sciences
9843 Learning Commons
The Seraph Foundation Learning Commons invites applications for multiple openings as a Student Peer Tutor.
Peer tutors are viewed as academic student leaders and are significant contributors to the PA College community. As members of the Learning Commons staff, Student Peer Tutors provide motivation for learning and act as role models to their fellow peers, working on an individual basis or in small group sessions to answer students’ questions regarding course content, and providing study strategies to aid in the mastery of course content.
Specifically, the Student Peer Tutor’s responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrating mastery of the subject being tutored and providing individualized content and skill-development tutoring to students;
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of the College’s services, supports and resources;
- Maintaining confidentiality, as well as appropriate ethical and professional conduct while working with students, staff and faculty;
- Utilizing effective listening skills and displaying empathy to students having academic difficulties, recommending College resources as appropriate;
- Participating in the College’s student employee orientation and the Learning Commons tutor training at the beginning of each semester;
- Utilizing Starfish to schedule appointments and maintaining accurate, detailed, up-to-date documentation of tutoring sessions using Starfish notes
- Currently enrolled student at PA College in good academic standing with a minimum of one (1) year remaining in a degree or certificate program;
- Possess (and maintain) an overall GPA of at least 3.00;
- Earned a B+ or higher in the course(s) one will tutor;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills;
- Punctuality for all tutoring sessions and availability during scheduled office hours’
- Ability to work well with peers and faculty
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/05/2020