Student Financial Services Coordinator
PA College Of Health Sciences
Student Financial Services
- Position/Job Summary: The Student Financial Services Coordinator serves as the first line of contact for the Student Financial Services Office by managing phone calls, appointments, and incoming and outgoing paperwork. This person performs data entry and maintenance in the Student Management system and must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with the public, students, faculty, and staff. The Student Financial Services Coordinator will possess a working knowledge of applicable Title IV Federal Regulations in addition to Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency regulations. This position delivers a seamless financial planning process that meets the needs of students and that is sustained throughout their career at PA College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centric environment
- Fosters a culture of collaboration, mutual respect, innovation and continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Coordinates day-to-day operation of the front office including but not limited to answering all front-line office communications (e-mails/phone calls/walk-in traffic), scheduling appointments, supervising student workers
- Provides financial aid counseling to prospective and returning students and guides them to institutional, state and federal resources
- Monitors and orders office supplies, as needed
- Enters and collects data into Colleague
- Imports ISIRs, loan, and grant files regularly
- Resolves unlinked ISIRs, reject codes, C codes, and conflicting database mismatches with Social Security Administration (SSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Justice (DOJ), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and/or Selective Service System (SSS) to determine federal financial aid eligibility according to the U.S. Department of Education.
- Follows up with students missing institutional, federal and state documents needed in order to process financial aid and/or billing
- Reviews institutional Student Financial Services reports to determine what actions need to be taken by the staff to finalize learners’ financial aid and billing
- Assists with coordinating and submitting documents to PwC for the year-end and A-133 audits
- Assists in coordinating special billing arrangements and identifying which students require special billing accommodations
- Creates and updates forms to be used within the SFS office
- Collaborates with Marketing and Communication regarding mass communications, web presence and social media presence
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
To perform this job successfully…..
- Financial aid knowledge – must have a minimum of two years’ experience in financial aid, preferably in a higher education setting
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced office environment
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/22/2020