Student Account Representative
PA College Of Health Sciences
Student Financial Services
Position/Job Summary: The Student Account Representative serves as one of the first lines of contact for the Office of Student Financial Services by managing phone calls, appointments, and incoming and outgoing paperwork, primarily related to student accounts. This person performs data entry, maintenance and reconciliation in the Student Management system and must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with the public, students, faculty, and staff. The Student Account Representative will possess a working knowledge of applicable Title IV Federal Regulations in addition to Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency regulations. This position delivers a seamless financial planning process that meets the needs of students and that is sustained throughout their career at PA College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centric environment
- Fosters a culture of collaboration, mutual respect, innovation and continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Assists the Student Financial Services Coordinator in day-to-day operation of the front office including but not limited to answering front-line office communications (e-mails/phone calls/walk-in traffic), scheduling appointments, supervising student workers
- Provides financial counseling to prospective and returning students and guides them to institutional, state and federal resources
- Enters and collects data into Colleague and runs financial reports out of Colleague
- Follows up with students missing institutional, federal and state documents needed in order to process financial aid and/or billing
- Reviews institutional billing reports to determine what actions need to be taken by the staff to finalize learners’ financial aid and billing
- Serves as the main line of communication between PA College and the college’s loan servicer (ECSI)
- Assists in coordinating special billing arrangements and identifying which students require special billing accommodations
- Manages bad debt reporting
- Serves as a liaison to external auditors
- Assists with monthly reconciling of various federal and state financial aid programs
- Collaborates with Finance to administer outside scholarships and stale-dated checks
- Assists with the collections process
- Other duties as assigned
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
Financial aid (Title IV) knowledge preferred
To perform this job successfully…..
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced office environment
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- Associate's degree required;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/27/2020