Strategic HR Business Partner
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides strategic human resource consulting to leaders on broad range of human resource issues in support of developing and advancing organizational goals. Translates business unit strategy into talent and workforce strategies to accomplish results. Serves as primary contact for HR initiatives and serves as expert in full life cycle of HR services for the client. Consults in areas of talent strategies, organizational development, leadership coaching and support and leads HR team to address employee relations, performance management alternatives and solutions. Utilizes human capital analytics to improve and influence key decisions and prioritize human capital initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Partners and consults with leaders of business units to identify strategic human resource practices and programs which support business strategies and objectives.
- Designs and applies organizational development and change management strategies that influence organizational change in support of business strategies.
- Provides guidance and recommendations on workforce planning, succession planning and other talent development engagement and retention plans to deliver business results.
- Identifies training and development needs of assigned business areas; works with various educational resources in system to support development of business-critical workforce and leadership competencies.
- Leads committees and work groups charged with implementing organizational and departmental improvement strategies.
- Manages complex employee relations issues requiring consultation with legal and other areas of the business to achieve resolution.
- Provides direction to human resource business partners to respond to client needs. Utilizes human capital analytics to improve and influence key decisions and prioritize human capital initiatives.
- Facilitates meetings and retreats as appropriate to identify, clarify and resolve problems or business challenges.
- Problem solves using information, policy, procedure, data and compliance information to identify best fit approach/response to meet customer requirements.
- Partners with HR functional areas to roll-out enterprise wide HR policies and programs.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 7-10 years of related professional experience required with in-depth knowledge of Human Resources.
- Demonstrated business acumen, consulting and coaching skills; advanced communication skills with ability to communicate with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity.
- Critical thinking, decision making and proven relationship building skills.
- Advanced training and presentation skills.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/19/2021