Stores Clerk - Full-Time (7:00am-3:30pm)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Full time 40 hrs. a week 8.5 hour shifts rotating weekends and holidays when appropriate. 1st shift 7-330 or 9-530 based on business needs.
Receives and stores all supplies required for the operation of the Food Service Department. Issues and/or delivers supplies to production/service areas. Maintains all receiving, storage, and issuing areas in an orderly, clean and sanitary condition, and performs inventories of all supply areas. Works to maintain the department sanitation through heavy cleaning projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Receives incoming supplies at the loading dock, verifies accurately that the correct items, quantity, and quality are delivered.
- Maintains delivery slips attaching them to the Ordering and Receiving From, and submitting them to Stores Supervisor.
- Transports supplies from loading dock to food service storage areas. Relcoates items in permanent storage containers when directed to do so by cooks.
- Stores supplies in their designated location.
- Fills supply requisitions and/or sets up supply carts to meet production or service needs. Delivers supplies to areas which have submitted requisitions.
- Records supplies returned to storeroom from production and service areas; stores them in designated location.
- Inventories food service supplies and submits accurate report to stores supervisor.
- Requisitions paper and chemical supplies from hospital store room.
- Advises stores supervisor whenever stock is below normal level. This includes carbon dioxide cylinders stored in soda factory room.
- Transports meals for the Meals on Wheels program to the loading dock and assists in loading them into vehicle. Returns empty containers and stores them in designated location.
- Maintains storeroom and walk-in units in an orderly, clean and sanitary condition.
- Cleans food production and service equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Cleans assigned areas in accordance with established procedures and work schedules.
- Assures proper cleaning equipment is always available and in good condition so duties can be performed effectively.
- Notifies appropriate supervisor or Assistant Food Service Director of needed repairs in equipment or facilities.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Transports empty cartons, racks, crates from department to proper disposal or holding area.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- One (1) year of experience with storing food.
- One (1) year of inventory knowledge/experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One (1) year of storage control.
- One (1) year of experience with inventory methods.
- Strong understanding of sanitation procedures.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others.
The position requires the ability to attend to a specific stimulus without being distracted by extraneous environmental stimuli. The individual must be able to attend to environmental detail with the ability to separate essential from non-essential or irrelevant stimuli. The attention skills required are generally considered to be automatic - - passive, but focused with an intact capacity for select perception.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material.
Demands on memory and for processing new information are minimal. The individual must have the ability to understand or carry out simple instructions.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought.
The requirement for autonomous problem solving or creativity of thought in the position is minimal. Problems encountered tend to involve a few concrete variables in or from standardized situations. Typically involves adhering to a chart or set procedure.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act.
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, electric lift, elevator, scale, compactor, dollies, trucks, pallets, CO 2 tanks, shelving, carts, knife, pen, receiving sheets, invoices.
Software: Microsoft Office Products
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Continuously
- Walk: Continuously
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Frequently
- Pull: Frequently
- Kneel/Squat: Occasionally
- Reach: Frequently
- Twist: Occasionally
- Balance: Occasionally
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Extreme Noise Levels
- Moving/Rotating Machinery
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/02/2021