Position is FT hours ranging from 3am-130p to 7am-5pm. Rotates holidays and weekends every 4.
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Full-Time ( Hours ranging from 3am - 1:30 pm, to 7am - 5pm). Rotates holidays and weekends every 4.
Sign on bonus of up to $1000 (external candidates only)
Receives and stores all supplies required for the operation of the Food Service Department. Issues and/or delivers supplies to production/service areas. Maintains all receiving, storage, and issuing areas in an orderly, clean and sanitary condition, and performs inventories of all supply areas. Works to maintain the department sanitation through heavy cleaning projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Receives incoming supplies at the loading dock, verifies accurately that the correct items, quantity, and quality are delivered.
- Maintains delivery slips attaching them to the Ordering and Receiving From, and submitting them to Stores Supervisor.
- Transports supplies from loading dock to food service storage areas. Relcoates items in permanent storage containers when directed to do so by cooks.
- Stores supplies in their designated location.
- Fills supply requisitions and/or sets up supply carts to meet production or service needs. Delivers supplies to areas which have submitted requisitions.
- Records supplies returned to storeroom from production and service areas; stores them in designated location.
- Inventories food service supplies and submits accurate report to stores supervisor.
- Requisitions paper and chemical supplies from hospital store room.
- Advises stores supervisor whenever stock is below normal level. This includes carbon dioxide cylinders stored in soda factory room.
- Transports meals for the Meals on Wheels program to the loading dock and assists in loading them into vehicle. Returns empty containers and stores them in designated location.
- Maintains storeroom and walk-in units in an orderly, clean and sanitary condition.
- Cleans food production and service equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Cleans assigned areas in accordance with established procedures and work schedules.
- Assures proper cleaning equipment is always available and in good condition so duties can be performed effectively.
- Notifies appropriate supervisor or Assistant Food Service Director of needed repairs in equipment or facilities.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Transports empty cartons, racks, crates from department to proper disposal or holding area.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- One (1) year of experience with storing food.
- One (1) year of inventory knowledge/experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One (1) year of storage control.
- One (1) year of experience with inventory methods.
- Strong understanding of sanitation procedures.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, electric lift, elevator, scale, compactor, dollies, trucks, pallets, CO 2 tanks, shelving, carts, knife, pen, receiving sheets, invoices.
Software: Microsoft Office Products
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/23/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.