Storeroom Clerk - Full Time (7:00am-3:30pm)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2530 General Stores
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.Position will work 40 hours/week 7am-3:30pm, EOW, EOH
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs related functions toward maintaining a perpetual inventory and receiving and shipping of products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Disembarks and receives incoming freight, verifies product received. Accurately warehouses in-coming stock in assigned location. Accurately documents receiving information in MM information system.
- Inventories departmental stock locations utilizing hand held device or other tools, determines quantity to be replenished, generates a pick ticket and allocates products in MM information system.
- Accurately pulls department order from storeroom inventory.
- Delivers stock to departments and replenishes par locations. Keeps par locations clean, systematically organized and within supply storage standards.
- Communicates with customers to assist in resolving departmental supply issues and concerns.
- Identifies trend in supply usage for departments and collaborates with storeroom supervisor to ensure PAR levels are appropriate for assigned locations.
- Delivers “non-stock” supply orders and equipment to appropriate department. Unloads supplies and equipment in a orderly fashion.
- Assess stock expiration dates and pulls product from inventory as appropriate. Rotates stock in assigned locations.
- Performs cycle counting and other inventory control processes as assigned.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assigns and affixes asset tags when appropriate.
- Packages and prepares necessary documentation for all outbound freight.
- Removes boxes, packaging materials and other debris from the storeroom to maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Three (3) years of experience in a storeroom or warehouse environment.
- One (1) year of experience with a manual and electric pallet.
- One (1) year of computer experience.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 04/16/2021