Sterile Processing Transporter- Main Hospital (40 hours/week- Evening Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
M-F 3-11:30PM No weekends
HOURS: M-F 3-11:30pm No weekends
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides operational support to SPD, Surgical Services and Clinical Services. Operational support includes case carts, OR drape/pack carts, individual items, patient care equipment delivery and soiled pick up of same, on a routine and as needed schedule. This position may also perform decontamination, cleaning; function test, assembly and labeling of patient care equipment. This position may be required to assist with the shelf stocking activities to include sterile instrument trays, peel pouches, reusable OR drape packs and case cart supplies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Transports clean completed case carts from the SPD case cart area to the Main and Fondersmith surgical areas. Taking first cases inside the scheduled suite, second cases outside the scheduled suite door and to follow cases to the designated case cart depot area in the OR. Transportation will be on a routine, as needed, and stat delivery schedule.
- Transports dirty case carts from the soiled case cart staging area in the OR, back to the SPD decontamination area. This transport will also occur on a routine and stat schedule.
- Make house wide soiled pick up rounds for patient care equipment and reusable instrument trays on a routine and ASAP scheduled basis.
- Clean, decontaminate, test and distributes PCE (Patient Care Equipment) to patient care areas. Record equipment information for tracking.
- Assist with case cart instrument set, supply restocking.
- Assists with case cart picking. Picks reusable drape packs, supplies and instrumentation required for scheduled Operating Room cases.
- Assist with the OR instrument decontamination/cleaning process as assigned.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Decontaminate, clean, test and assemble patient care equipment.
- Assist with shelf stock resupply.
- Keeps all Central Supply facilities in a neat, clean, stocked and workable order.
- Report instrument malfunction and place in the appropriate location to be sent for repair.
- Report discrepancies, problems and concerns to management using proper chain of command.
- Provides support to co-workers during idle time.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two (2) years of medical supply experience in Operating Room
- Two (2) years of instrument processing
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/15/2021