Standardized Patient - College (Casual Position)
PA College Of Health Sciences
9791 Center for Excellence
Under the direction of the Coordinator, Simulation Education, the Standardized Patient (SP) will participate in the teaching of learners at Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences. The SP will simulate a patient in a consistent, accurate, and reliable manner, which includes portraying signs and symptoms of medical conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centric environment
- Simulates a patient case scenario consistently in a standardized, accurate and reliable manner
- Reads, memorizes lines, and understands intent of simulated patient scenarios
- Communicates effectively to learners throughout the simulation experience
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to work cooperatively and professionally with learners, faculty, and staff
- Provides constructive feedback to learners and colleagues
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates flexibility regarding scheduling and simulation scenario assignments
- Maintains confidentiality of scenario and student information
- Demonstrates ability to be trained for SP role
- Willing to undergo a non-invasive physical examination
- Willing to wear a hospital gown with undergarments underneath
- Willing to be video/audio recorded to assist with learning
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- Health care experience
- Acting experience
- Education background
Note: This position is a casual position and does not include medical benefits.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/28/2022