Staffing Coordinator-Lancaster General Hospital (24 hours/week, 12 hour shifts)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
3505 Nursing - Administration
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
24 hours/week. Hours vary between 9 am and 9 pm. (2)12 hour shifts. Some weekends & holidays.
Orientation period Monday through Friday for a few weeks before going to the (2) 12 hour shifts.
The Nursing Staffing Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative staffing and scheduling functions to the Nursing Department under the guidance and supervision of the Manager of the Nursing Supervisors. This role supports the department’s commitment to appropriate resource management and productivity metrics to ensure quality care to our patients.
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
● Assesses, coordinates, allocates and communicates daily staffing unit by unit, making reassignments in collaboration with the Administrative Nursing Supervisor, calling replacement personnel, and cancelling personnel according to established procedures.
● Resolves scheduling discrepancies by master schedule with appropriate supervisor or facilitator.
● Works collaboratively with the unit Nurse Manager or Nursing Supervisor to resolve variances in Master Schedule.
● Ensures Kronos is updated to ensure time is appropriately allocated to correct cost center when assigning staff to another unit
● Enters schedule changes at the time of the occurrence (ill calls, cancellations, etc.)
● Gathers and prepares data regarding staffing/scheduling as requested by the Nursing Leadership team. Able to communicate staffing status and concerns with the Director on Call and or the CNO.
● Answers calls for the Centralized Staffing Office and inquiries regarding staffing or refers call to the Nursing Supervisor as necessary.
● Serves as a resource to staff for questions related to the scheduling system and assist in the orientation of new schedulers or Nurse Managers
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
• Performs all l functions and duties in compliance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years hospital experience
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology
• Mastery of Basic Computer Skills
• Excellent communication and Customer Service Skills.
• Prior staff scheduling experience preferred.
• Completion of college level courses, Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Health care or Business related field preferred.
• Mastery of Kronos scheduling system preferred.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 05/18/2021