Staffing Coordinator (Full Time/ Day Shift)
SUMMARY: The Nursing Staffing Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative staffing and scheduling functions to the Nursing Department under the guidance and supervision of the Manager of the Nursing Supervisors. This role supports the department’s commitment to appropriate resource management and productivity metrics to ensure quality care to our patients.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: 36 hours per week, 8:00am-8:30pm, some weekend & holiday requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Assesses, coordinates, allocates and communicates daily staffing unit by unit, making reassignments in collaboration with the Administrative Nursing Supervisor, calling replacement personnel, and cancelling personnel according to established procedures.
- Resolves scheduling discrepancies by master schedule with appropriate supervisor or facilitator.
- Works collaboratively with the unit Nurse Manager or Nursing Supervisor to resolve variances in Master Schedule.
- Ensures Kronos is updated to ensure time is appropriately allocated to correct cost center when assigning staff to another unit
- Enters schedule changes at the time of the occurrence (ill calls, cancellations, etc.)
- Gathers and prepares data regarding staffing/scheduling as requested by the Nursing Leadership team. Able to communicate staffing status and concerns with the Director on Call and or the CNO.
- Answers calls for the Centralized Staffing Office and inquiries regarding staffing or refers call to the Nursing Supervisor as necessary.
- Serves as a resource to staff for questions related to the scheduling system and assist in the orientation of new schedulers or Nurse Managers
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Performs all l functions and duties in compliance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years hospital experience
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Mastery of Basic Computer Skills
- Excellent communication and Customer Service Skills.
- Prior staff scheduling experience.
- Completion of college level courses, Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Health care or Business related field.
- Mastery of Kronos scheduling system
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/06/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.