Sr. Project Manager
Lancaster General Hospital
2525 Project Management Office
IS Project Management Office
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Lead, guide and control the implementation of large scale enterprise projects of a highly complex nature utilizing standard LG Health Project Management tools and methodologies.Manage all dimensions of large scale enterprise programs and/or projects which may include simultaneously managing multiple programs/projects and multiple project teams across one or more entities.Ensure all purchased or in-house developed systems are tested and implemented in a controlled environment, including integration with existing clinical, administrative and financial systems.Ongoing project responsibilities include overseeing the program/project budget, resource management, scope management, development and management of the project schedule, coordination with hospital departments and staff, training, change management, communication management, risk assessment and mitigation, and issue resolutions. Advocate on behalf of the patient and Information Services users (customers), ensuring customer requirements are met and services rendered by clinicians are not adversely impacted by new systems.Ensure the delivery of projects on scope and on time.Provide project leadership and direction, give guidance to project teams on how to develop, purchase, test and implement information systems.Work with and report to Senior Leadership, as needed, during the project lifecycle. Support ad hoc requests from Senior Leadership.Ability to perform job functions with a very high level of independence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for shepherding requests for enterprise projects through the IS Work Intake process, ensuring projects are scoped, resourced and receive the appropriate approvals.
- Provide leadership/direction for projects that have been assigned to her/him by I.S. Management. Work with IS Leaders to develop Project Governance for each project. Develop project team. Lead, guide, assist and coordinate project team, users, vendors and I.S. resources. Develop project scope. Assist customer with the development of cost/benefit data.
- Develop and assist project team with application requirements and implementation tasks. Create project timeline & assign resources to tasks. Assignment of resources to each project in LG Health’s project resource tool. Carry out timely and appropriate communication of project information to project stakeholders, project team and end users. Ensure completion of test, implementation, and back-out plans. Perform project close-out tasks, which includes obtaining project sponsor approval to close the project and transitioning to an operational support model. Responsible for adhering to standard LG Health Project Management tools and methodologies.
- Monitor and control project issues and risks. Engage appropriate resources to resolve application development or implementation related issues. Support users/team members with problem solving. Ensure successful computer system installations.
- Provide management and team project status reporting. Conduct well-managed and efficient Project Team meetings. Prepare documentation for a quality assurance review of each project. Ensure project team members adhere to creating all necessary project documentation, including but not limited to, build trackers, evidence of testing and evidence of training.
- Work with and report to Senior Leadership, as needed. This may include, but is not limited to, preparation and presentation of project updates, timelines and budget information to individual Senior Leaders and/or Governance Committees.
- Assist with annual strategic project planning process—to include high-level scope, initial schedule, and known resource allocations.
- Assist I.S. management with software/hardware evaluations, department standards, goal setting and prioritization of work.
- Interface with I.S. management, other department managers and operational staff on existing or proposed systems, providing support and requirements definition, always fostering positive working relations and keeping customer satisfaction as primary goal.
- Maintain strong project management skills. Stay current on best technology, best practices, processes and implementation methods.
- Assist with internal PMO process improvements.
- Mentor Project Managers, Associate Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
- Provide performance data to team member’s supervisor, upon request.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, related field or equivalent experience.
- Project Management Professional Certification. Existing Senior Project Managers will have until June 1, 2020 to attain their PMP Certification.
Seven (7) years experience in each of the following is required for the position: Systems problem solving and analysis, purchasing/developing applications, testing programs/systems, managing implementations and conversions
- Five (5) years experience managing multiple concurrent projects
Posted on 02/18/2020
Four (4) years experience in each of the following is preferred: assisting users with training plan development, test plan development, and writing of I.S. documentation.
Five (5) years experience conducting meetings, preparing status reports, and supporting user/team members with problem solving, developing/coordinating with application vendors on RFP’s/RFI’s.