Sr. Marketing Specialist
Lancaster General Hospital
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
Hours: Full-Time 1.0 FTE (40hrs/wk) Monday- Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm- Occasional evening and weekend hours to support special events.
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as senior marketing strategist and consumer and data insights consultant to administrative and clinical service line leadership for priority and high revenue producing service lines and key Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health (PMLGH) initiatives as assigned. The Sr. Marketing Specialist reports directly to the Director of Marketing. Primary focus is to help service lines achieve business goals and objectives through cost effective strategy development. Represents the interests and commitments of customers in the development and execution of business and marketing plans to: successfully launch new programs and services, grow or reposition existing ones and exit non-viable ones. Develops physician relations strategies specific to service line assignments, and track competitor developments specific to assigned service lines. May lead the development of market research initiatives as they pertain to supporting Strategic Business Development and Marketing needs
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Develops and leads the execution of annual strategic marketing plans to support assigned service lines and new business unit goals. Executes the most appropriate promotional strategies, demonstrating a return on investment of marketing resource expenditures. Works collaboratively with Penn Medicine corporate and other Penn Medicine community health system marketing teams to ensure plans are collaborative, efficient and meet the needs of the Lancaster market.
- Develops strategies and guides the implementation and evaluations of service or business promotion including: advertising, digital, social and traditional media and public relations, publications and special events. Directs a project team consisting of a project coordinator, Manager, Web Services, contact center manager, research staff, physician relations, advertising agency representatives and others as required. Ensures integration of all promotional activities in the execution of marketing strategies and tactics. Analyzes performance of marketing technologies and correlates with relevant activity.
- Manages and monitors assigned service line marketing budgets for specific service line or programs, ensure invoices are processed and tracked in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of foundational elements and functional requirements of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems. Works with Penn Corporate Marketing teams, and CRM vendor to ensure collaborative and efficient planning and execution of CRM initiatives. Specific accountabilities include:
- Manages, researches and analyzes CRM data as it pertains to planning CRM initiatives and tactics, developing and analyzing customer profiles and demographics, and recommending sales, marketing and digital campaigns for assigned service lines and business units.
- Leads the development of ROI templates, ongoing reports and CRM dashboards
- Ensures data integrity and campaign optimization.
- Establishes campaign goals and objectives, CTAs and specific landing page elements apply insights from digital best practices.
- Analyzes and continuously monitors marketing results against business goals and participates in volume, revenue and program design discussions with service line or business unit leadership. Recommends changes in strategy if benchmarks are not being realized.
- Provides leadership and direction in developing marketing strategies in the business planning process.
- Collaborates with the, Director Strategic Business Development and Service Line leaders to conduct market research to inform business strategies and goals. Analyzes and recommends actionable strategies and tactics based on research findings and implications.
- Monitors the implementation of customer service strategies that support the successful launch of new programs and services. Execute service readiness assessments in collaboration with business or service line management. Monitors Strategic Acceleration programs and services to assure successful launches, ease of patient and prospects adoption and assessing satisfaction.
- Recommends and assists in the implementation of customer satisfaction research including mystery shopping and other techniques post-launch to ensure customer retention. Problem-solves customer concerns with business unit or service line administration.
- Manages vendors including free-lance writers and designers, advertising agencies, research and public relations firms.
- Works collaboratively with the Director, Strategic Business Development, the Director, Public Relations and Corporate Communications and the Director, Strategic Acceleration and Manager, Web Services
- Develops and manages service line marketing budgets. Identify opportunities for cross-promotion with marketing colleagues.
- Participates in all business unit and service line meetings. Educate management of trends and innovations in all aspects of marketing.
- Ensures that all marketing activities support the overarching strategic plan of the PMLGH enterprise.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 11/18/2019
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years healthcare marketing experience
- Strong background in leading and overseeing qualitative and quantitative market research Strong knowledge and experience in developing and implementing strategic marketing plans.
- Proven ability in mid- to large-scale corporate strategic project management including developing, implementing and evaluating project plans.
- Proven ability to lead project teams.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Proven ability to educate and influence others, including at a C-Suite level
- Demonstrated experience developing and presenting either service line plans or project plans to service line or administrative leaders and providing sound marketing strategic direction and recommendations
- Proven ability to act as a change agent across functional areas.
- Proven ability to think strategically in both traditional and digital marketing media channels.
- Strong background in developing, executing and optimizing social and mobile strategies and tactics
- Proven ability to work with both traditional and digital media buying agencies to develop media plans in support of strategic marketing initiatives.
- Proven ability to educate and influence others.
- Excellent communication skills, project management capability, and understanding of research methods and financial management.
- Proven ability to create, write, and edit marketing materials, support documents, and deliverables. preferred
- Proven ability to complete projects, deliver client services to the client’s satisfaction, and to run the full process of plan, develop, implement and evaluate marketing projects with minimal need for supervision or direction. preferred
- Proven experience with and understanding of content and digital marketing tactics, digital advertising and digital metrics. preferred
- Familiarity with Tableau preferred
- Specialization in oncology preferred