Sports Medicine Physician
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61479 LGHP Sports Med At Kissel Hill
Sports Medicine Providers
POSITION SUMMARY: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Sports Medicine is seeking a part-time Sports Medicine Physician as we open a second office location. Qualified candidates will work with primary care leadership to obtain an additional part-time role within the primary care network as a family physician.
- Provide high level and patient-centered care in the discipline of Sports Medicine.
- Opportunity to serve as Team Physician with 2 high schools.
- MSK Ultrasound integrated with EHR .
- The group works with several high schools, colleges, clubs, independent professional baseball, and Olympic field hockey teams.
- Saturday sports clinic rotation in the Fall ans seasonal sports event coverage.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment.
- Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of illness or help diagnose condition.
- Monitors lab results, medication adherence and medication toxicities.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccinations, and other medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Explain and discuss procedures, test results, or prescribed treatment with the patient.
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers.
- Refers patients to medical specialists when necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Represents the practice at Hospital committees in such a manner that the burden of attending the meetings is reasonably distributed among all of the physicians in the group.
- Assists in recruiting and interviewing of new physicians and staff to the practice.
- Attends Directors' and Committee meetings.
- Acquires the necessary CME credits and takes the certification examination to maintain re-certification status.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 07/12/2019
- Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), issued by the Accreditation Council on Medical Education.
- Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or Board eligible.
- Current Medical licensure issued by PA State Board of Medicine or the PA State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Successful completion of Family Medicine Residency.
- Prior experience in clinical medicine as a Family Physician.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.