Speech Pathologist - .1 Per Diem
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Job Title: Speech Pathologist
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
Casual, 0.1, 8hours /two weeks working hours between 7:30 am-7:00 pm Monday-Thursday, Friday 7:30 am to 5:00 pm no weekend or holiday. Will cover Outpatient Sites Suburban Outpatient Pavilion, Willow Lakes and The Neuro Science Institute.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Speech Pathologist . The Speech Pathologist performs evaluation and treatment techniques within the principles of the Code of Ethics of the American Speech Language Hearing Association, and under physician referral for inpatients.
1. Evaluates patients' history and level of functioning and determines appropriate diagnosis.
2. Interprets evaluation findings to the patient, family and significant others.
3. Develops appropriate treatment goals for the patient and makes recommendations to the patient, family, and physician regarding treatment program.
4. Implements therapy program and maintains accurate documentation as well as re-evaluates and updates the therapy program when appropriate.
5. Participates with a multi-disciplinary team in all aspects of treatment; including family conferences, determination of appropriate home and family programming, external/internal support, and patient/family education.
• Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology is required. Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Pathology from the American Speech-Hearing Association and licensure from the Commonwealth of PA.
• CPR certification.
PREFERRED JOB‑RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- One (1) year of experience in adult and pediatric populations is preferred.
- Competent Adult neruo including post concussion rehab and video swallow experience
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/13/2021