Speech Pathologist - .1 PRN
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of the Speech Language Pathologist position is to perform evaluation and treatment techniques within the principles of the Code of Ethics of the American Speech Language Hearing Association, and under physician referral for inpatients. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: pediatric (infant to 12 years), adolescent (13 to 17 years), adult (18 to 64 years), and geriatric (over 64 years).
Job Description: PRN 0.1 FTE
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Evaluates patients' history and level of functioning and determines appropriate diagnosis.
- Interprets evaluation findings to the patient, family and significant others.
- Develops appropriate treatment goals for the patient and makes recommendations to the patient, family, and physician regarding treatment program.
- Implements therapy program and maintains accurate documentation as well as re-evaluates and updates the therapy program when appropriate.
- Participates with a multi-disciplinary team in all aspects of treatment; including family conferences, determination of appropriate home and family programming, external/internal support, and patient/family education.
- Complies with all billing and reimbursement procedures.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Quality Assurance plan for the Rehab Center as related to Speech Services as well as delivery of services based upon this criteria.
- Supervises the clinical practicum for graduate students in Speech Pathology as assigned.
- Contributes to the development of departmental goals, policies, and procedures, in accordance with the annual report plan.
- Helps advise on budget preparation according to sub-sectional goals.
- Acts as a consultant for staff members as well as outside agencies and participates in service programs for staff development/staff education purposes.
- Attends and documents participation in staff and mandatory/voluntary in service programs, as well as seeks opportunities for professional growth through attendance at conferences or seminars when appropriate.
- Accomplishes goals established at performance reviews and/or biannual conferences with the Team Leader.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology is required. Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Pathology from the American Speech-Hearing Association and licensure from the Commonwealth of PA.
- CPR certification.
- Must obtain Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech Pathology from the American Speech-Hearing Association and Licensure from Commonwealth of PA within one (1) year of hire.
- One (1) year of experience in adult and pediatric populations is preferred.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 07/25/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.