Job Title: Speech Pathologist-Acute Care casual
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
Causal 0.1 eight hours per two weeks working 7:00 am-3:30 pm weekdays with weekends and holiday rotation . Experience preferred with experience in acute care with ICU patients, trache patients and PMV and Video Swallows able to do independantly.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Speech Pathologist to work in Acute care at Lancaster General Hospital. The Speech Pathologist performs evaluation and treatment techniques within the principles of the Code of Ethics of the American Speech Language Hearing Association, and under physician referral for inpatients.
1. Evaluates patients' history and level of functioning and determines appropriate diagnosis.
2. Interprets evaluation findings to the patient, family and significant others.
3. Develops appropriate treatment goals for the patient and makes recommendations to the patient, family, and physician regarding treatment program.
4. Implements therapy program and maintains accurate documentation as well as re-evaluates and updates the therapy program when appropriate.
5. Participates with a multi-disciplinary team in all aspects of treatment; including family conferences, determination of appropriate home and family programming, external/internal support, and patient/family education.
•MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology is required. Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Pathology from the
American Speech-Hearing Association and licensure from the Commonwealth of PA.
- CPR certification.
- Must obtain Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech Pathology from the American Speech-Hearing Association and
- Licensure from Commonwealth of PA within one (1) year of hire.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- One (1) year of experience in adult and pediatric populations is preferred.
- Experience in Acute Care ICU, trache patients and PMV and Video Swallow
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.