Social Worker Healthy Beginnings Plus - .9
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Monday thru Friday first shift with occasional evenings. No weekends or holidays.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, .9 72 hours per two weeks working Monday through Friday hours between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm with occasional evenings, no weekends or holidays.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Social Worker for Health Beginnings Plus. The Social Worker will do case management and they will assess the psychosocial needs of patients and families and provide information, support, counseling, Care management, and referrals to appropriate resources. Functions as part of an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses and other professionals to maintain continuity of patient care for all patient populations from admission to discharge. Participates in developing and implementing programs and initiatives.
- Completes in-home comprehensive psychosocial assessment of patients and reports findings to the HBP care coordinator, physicians, and other healthcare providers as appropriate.
- Makes home visits to fully understand the environment, social and/or physical, that produces stress for the patient during pregnancy and assess the need for additional social work services.
- Maintains open communication with members of the health care team.
- Provides age-appropriate education in collaboration with other members of the health care team as relevant to the psychosocial needs of the patient.
- Assists patient/family to access resources related to insurance/financial need for their medical care.
- Delivers needed items from community resources to the client’s home, including but not exclusively, car seats, pack in plays, food, infant care items.
- Assists patient/family to understand and carry out medical recommendations and solve problems that interfere with a treatment care plan.
- Develops and maintains relationships with a wide variety of community agencies and facilitates communication between these agencies and patients, families and clinical personnel.
- Utilizes appropriate community resources.
- Acts as a patient advocate. Investigates and reports adverse occurrences, and performs staff education related to resource utilization and psychosocial aspects of healthcare delivery.
- Documents the delivery of social work services to comply with regulatory requirements, agency policy, procedures and standards of practice.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree (MSW) from a school of social work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education
- Two (2) years of social work experience
- Use of personal vehicle, valid PA driver’s license and auto insurance
- Two (2) years of hospital social work
- Home visitation experience
- Spanish speaking preferred
This job requires Child Abuse Clearances
This job requires a Motor Vehicle Background Check
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/22/2021