Social Worker - Healthy Beginnings Plus (Part-time; 40 hours/2 weeks)
Lancaster General Hospital
7593 Healthy Beginnings Plus
Healthy Beginnings Plus Counseling Services
HOURS: Part-time, 0.5 FTE (40 hours/2 weeks). 1st shift with occasional evenings. No holidays and weekends.
SUMMARY: Assess the psychosocial needs of patients and families and provide information, support, counseling, care management, and referrals to appropriate resources. Independently provide services to patients in their place of residence in high risk medical and/or social situations. Functions as part of an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses and other professionals. Maintains continuity of patient care in all aspects of the Healthy Beginnings Plus (HBP) program to promote and facilitate healthy prenatal care and birth outcomes. Participates in developing and implementing programs and initiatives.
FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Completes in-home comprehensive psychosocial assessment of patients and reports findings to the HBP care coordinator, physicians, and other healthcare providers as appropriate.
- Makes home visits to fully understand the environment, social and/or physical, that produces stress for the patient during pregnancy and assess the need for additional social work services.
- Maintains open communication with members of the health care team.
- Provides age-appropriate education in collaboration with other members of the health care team as relevant to the psychosocial needs of the patient.
- Assists patient/family to access resources related to insurance/financial need for their medical care.
- Delivers needed items from community resources to the client’s home, including but not exclusively, car seats, pack in plays, food, infant care items.
- Assists patient/family to understand and carry out medical recommendations and solve problems that interfere with a treatment care plan.
- Develops and maintains relationships with a wide variety of community agencies and facilitates communication between these agencies and patients, families and clinical personnel.
- Utilizes appropriate community resources.
- Acts as a patient advocate. Investigates and reports adverse occurrences, and performs staff education related to resource utilization and psychosocial aspects of healthcare delivery.
- Documents the delivery of social work services to comply with regulatory requirements, agency policy, procedures and standards of practice.
- Displays time management and organizational skills.
- Attend and participate in staff, committee, department, and other administrative meetings.
Posted on 10/30/2019
- Master’s degree (MSW) from a school of social work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education is required.
- Two (2) years of social work experience required. Two (2) years of hospital social work experience preferred.
- Use of personal vehicle, valid PA driver’s license and auto insurance
- Two (2) years of hospital social work experience preferred.
- Home visitation experience preferred.