Social Worker - Comprehensive Care (Fulltime - Days/Evenings)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Fulltime, day shift and evening shift. No on-call, holidays, or weekends.
Comprehensive Care is a family practice providing HIV treatment to people living with HIV and prevention services for those at high-risk of acquiring HIV.
SUMMARY: Assess the psychosocial needs of patients and families and provide information, support, counseling, Care management, and referrals to appropriate resources. Functions as part of an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses and other professionals to maintain continuity of patient care for all patient populations
FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Completes a comprehensive psychosocial assessment of patients and reports findings to families, physicians and other healthcare providers as appropriate.
- Facilitates social service contacts and develops treatment plan in coordination with social service resources.
- Facilitates family and relational counseling in relation to social, psychological, financial and other issues which are present upon admission or as part of the discharge planning process
- Assists patient and family to understand and carry out medical recommendations and solve problems that interfere with treatment care plan.
- Assists patients and families in areas of resource planning.
- Develops and maintains relationships with a wide variety of community agencies and facilitates communication between these agencies and patients, families and clinical personnel.
- Acts as a patient advocate. Investigates and reports adverse occurrences, and performs staff education related to resource utilization and psychosocial aspects of healthcare delivery.
- Identifies psychosocial issues that are present and provides recommendations for treatment and care after discharge. Follows complex/non-routine cases to facilitate coping with hospitalization and discharge planning
- Obtains sufficient medical information regarding individual patient by interviewing patient, family, healthcare team, and others to determine patient needs, resources available in order to execute discharge planning.
- Documents care activity in patient charts according to department policies and procedures.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school or program in Social Work required.
- Two (2) years of social work experience required.
- Two (2) years of hospital social work preferred.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/08/2021