Social Worker Case Coordinator (Full Time/ Day Shift)
M-F 8AM-5PM No Weekends / Holidays
At LGHP-Comprehensive Care We are a team of creative and innovative people who are improving the care of people living with HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ+ healthcare. By being inclusive and celebrating the differences in our team and the people we serve, we are able to achieve bigger goals. If you are passionate about serving the underserved, a position with LGHP- Comprehensive Care is for you!
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is for a Social Worker or equivalent.
Under the direction of the Social Worker Clinical Supervisor, the Social Worker Case Coordinator will be primarily responsible to offer Medical Case Management services. This position will ensure that the services offered are patient-centered and guided by the patient’s feedback, cognitive, psychological, and emotional functioning, communication and learning capabilities, physical abilities, support system, living environment, and social determinants of health. This position will also collaborate with the program manager, physicians and clinical staff towards creating better healthcare outcomes for all patients of LGHP Comprehensive Care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
• Provides medical case management to the target population in accordance with guidelines established by LGHP Comprehensive Care.
• Adheres to all Ryan White program regulations and policies.
• Monitors and assesses clients’ needs and make referrals to community resources as needed.
• Advocate for and assist clients in obtaining basic needs including, but not limited to, medical care, life sustaining medication, insurance products, childcare, shelter, food, and transportation.
• Attends medical appointments with patients if determined to be part of treatment goals.
• If needed, conducts client home visits in a safe and constructive manner following the LGHP Home Visit policy.
• Arranges transportation for client medical and social service appointments throughout Lancaster County.
• Utilizes case management tools such as strength-based case management and motivational interviewing to facilitate client retention in medical care and move clients toward independence and increased autonomy.
• Documents assessments, care plans, interactions, and interventions according to LGHP Comprehensive Care and health care system guidelines and standards.
• Assists with HIV outreach activities as needed. This may include Consumer Advisory Board activities (CAB), HIV education, performing rapid HIV testing, and/or pre and post-test HIV counseling.
• Provides HIV education, risk reduction counseling, medication adherence counseling, and reactive HIV test counseling.
• Assists with development and updating of policies and processes relating to medical case management.
• Attends and actively participates in both internal and external meetings as required.
• Performs all other job related duties as assigned
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
• Collaborates with team members and the health system clinical staff in the development and execution of the plan of care and achievement goals including retention in care and discharge planning.
• Develops and maintains relationships with a wide variety of community agencies stakeholders and facilitates communication between these agencies and patients, families and clinical personnel.
• Assists patients in appropriate procedures to obtain certain health care benefits including prescription assistance, MAWD, Medicaid, Ryan White certifications and SPBP.
• Acts as a patient advocate. Investigates and reports adverse occurrences, and performs staff education related to resource utilization and psychosocial aspects of healthcare delivery.
• Provides education to patients and families around issues related to adaptation to the patient’s diagnosis, illness, treatment and/or life situation.
• Utilizes and implements evidence based best practices in all aspects of responsibilities.
• Establishes and achieves measurable goals and productivity measures.
• Computer skills-utilization of EPIC, data entry, email, intranet, etc.
• Conducts and oversees quality improvement activities as determined by annual and long-term goals, including but not limited to program, process, and outcome deliverables.
• Performs all other job related duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or related field.
- Two (2) years of social worker experience in the community health field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Proven informal leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently, setting priorities to coordinate care plans efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective behavioral and educational strategies, including, but not limited to: Motivational interviewing, teach-back method and self-management support.BA in Social Work or equivalent, preferably someone licensed in Pennsylvania or LPC.
- Valid driver’s license and transportation as some regional travel may be required.
- Related clinical training.
- Current BLS certification
- Social work experience working in HIV Care related field.
- One (1) year of social work experience in a medical facility/organization, home care, mental health organization or skilled nursing facility.
- Prior case management, project leader and team based experience.
- Experience performing in-home patient visits assessments
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 10/30/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.