Sleep Technologist/ Sleep Navigator, (Full Time, Night Shift)
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs polysomnography recordings and scores recordings in the evaluation of various sleep disorders in accordance with Department policies/procedures. Collected data will be used to develop community health programs and clinics to improve the patient’s overall health. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years) and geriatric (65 years and above).
Job Summary: 1.0 full time position Night shift
Monday thru Friday from 8:00pm-6:30am
Flexible hours and limited weekend hours are required
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide excellent customer care with patients, providers, and participants.
- Demonstrate computer skills for outcomes and compliance databases.
- Navigate and coordinate using clinical pathways.
- Development of protocols and programs to educate and assist with our patients.
- Provide direct patient education on sleep testing, orders, and equipment.
- Coordinate with LGH for in-house patients and treatment. Develop consult order.
- Develop screening for in-house patients
- Provider outreach and follow-up education to providers
- Skilled at troubleshooting within the sleep center practice
- Performs daytime and/or nocturnal polysomnography recordings as needed according to physician's orders and/or Department policies and procedures, utilizing monitors, recorders, analyzers, and other data acquisition instrumentation for the purpose of obtaining graphic records of related sleep events.
- Performs Multiple Sleep Latency Testing according to physician’s orders and following procedural protocols for such testing.
- Confers directly with the patients, explaining the procedures involved and equipment used in the preparation, actual performance and disconnection procedures involved in polysomnography and/or nocturnal oxygen saturation studies.
- Prepares and calibrates all computer and recording equipment both pre and post study.
- Performs routine positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fittings
- Implement appropriate interventions (including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic interventions such as continuous or bi-level positive airway pressure, oxygen administration, etc.)
- Provides complete and accurate documentation according to Department policies for all diagnostic related studies or procedures.
- Prepares patients for ambulatory screening sleep studies/oximetry and assists in the downloading and scoring of such studies.
- Schedules, orients, and educates, as necessary, patients seen in the Sleep Center.
- Score clinical events (such as respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements, arousal, etc.) according to departmental protocols
- Scores sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted and department specific guidelines.
- Generates accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical event data.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 2 years of health care experience (such as LPN, RT)
- obtaining the certification as a RPSGT within 2 years of hire
- 3-5 years of LGH Sleep Medicine Center experience
- Certification as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT), issued by the Board of Polysomnographic Technologists (BPRT) or the American Board of Sleep Medicine with 5-10 years sleep experience
- CCSH certified or certified within 2 years of hire
- Ability to have flexible hours
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/12/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.