Sleep Study Technologist (FT/eve/night)
Job Title: Sleep Study Technologist (FT/Eve/Night)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 0.9, 72 hr/2weeks working Monday through Friday 3 days a week 8:00pm-6:30 am. no weekends or holidays, some evening shift coverage as needed
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs polysomnography recordings in the evaluation of various sleep disorders in accordance with Department policies/procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs daytime and/or nocturnal polysomnography recordings as needed according to physician's orders and/or Department policies and procedures, utilizing monitors, recorders, analyzers, and other data acquisition instrumentation for the purpose of obtaining graphic records of related sleep events.
- Performs Multiple Sleep Latency Testing according to physician’s orders and following procedural protocols for such testing.
- Confers directly with the patients, explaining the procedures involved and equipment used in the preparation, actual performance and disconnection procedures involved in polysomnography and/or nocturnal oxygen saturation studies.
- Prepares and calibrates all computer and recording equipment both pre and post study.
- Performs routine positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fittings
- Implement appropriate interventions (including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic interventions such as continuous or bi-level positive airway pressure, oxygen administration, etc.)
- Provides complete and accurate documentation according to Department policies for all diagnostic related studies or procedures.
- Prepares patients for ambulatory screening sleep studies/oximetry and assists in the downloading and scoring of such studies.
- Schedules, orients, and educates, as necessary, patients seen in the Sleep Center.
- Score clinical events (such as respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements, arousal, etc) according to departmental protocols
- Scores sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted and department specific guidelines.
- Generates accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical event data.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Certification as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT), issued by the Board of Polysomnographic Technologists (BPRT) or the American Board of Sleep Medicine
- Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or a RN/LPN with 1 year of clinical experience. Must secure RPSGT Credential within 30 months of date of Sleep Center hire.
- One (1) year of patient care experience.
- One to three (1-3) years of EEG technology experience.
- One to three (1-3) years of sleep disorders experience
- One to three (1-3) years of computer skills.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/28/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.