Job Title: Sleep Study Technologist
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Full-time,1.0, 80 hr/two weeks working 8:00 pm to 6:30 am four nights a week primarily Monday through Thursday with occasional Sundays, no holidays . Primarily in the Sleep lab at the Downtown pavilion with a one week rotation every 4-6 weeks at the Kissel Hill location in Lititz, PA.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Sleep Study Technologist. The Sleep Study Techt performs polysomnography recordings in the evaluation of various sleep disorders in accordance with Department policies/procedures. RSPGT or RRT/RN/LPN and get RPSGT in 30 months(must complete AASM modules within 1 year and pass RPGST in 30 months.
- Performs daytime and/or nocturnal polysomnography recordings as needed according to physician's orders and/or Department policies and procedures, utilizing monitors, recorders, analyzers, and other data acquisition instrumentation for the purpose of obtaining graphic records of related sleep events.
- Confers directly with the patients, explaining the procedures involved and equipment used in the preparation, actual performance and disconnection procedures involved in polysomnography and/or nocturnal oxygen saturation studies. ●
- Prepares and calibrates all computer and recording equipment both pre and post study
- Performs routine positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fittings
- Implement appropriate interventions (including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic interventions such as continuous or bi-level positive airway pressure, oxygen administration, etc.)
- Generates accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical event data.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Certification as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT), issued by the Board of Polysomnographic Technologists (BPRT) or the American Board of Sleep Medicine
- Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or a RN/LPN with 1 year of patient care experience. Must secure RPSGT Credential within 30 months of date of Sleep Center hire.
- One year of patient care experience
PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- One to three (1-3) years of EEG technology experience.
- One to three (1-3) years of sleep disorders experience
- One to three (1-3) years of computer skills.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.