Simulation Learning Technician
PA College Of Health Sciences
9791 Center for Excellence
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Simulation Learning Operations Coordinator, the Simulation Technician will handle the day-to-day tasks which must be performed to ensure safe and efficient operation of the Simulation Learning Center and related educational activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the simulation laboratories and associated equipment.
- Responsible for the preparation (set up, clean up and tear down) of simulation center activities including the simulation equipment, clinical supplies and additional equipment needed for the learning experience
- Maintains simulation equipment (simulators, task trainers, clinical equipment) with daily, weekly & monthly maintenance as well as annual preventative maintenance on patient simulators & task trainer models.
- Provide assistance to educators and manage technical functions during simulation experiences
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment
- Collaborates in the pre-planning for overall simulation training and events
- Provides excellent customer service to faculty instructors, participants, clients, visitors and employees of the Simulation Learning Center through positive, respectful and professional communication via conversation, phone or email.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Maintain professional competency through participation in continuing education programs, journal review, and membership in discipline organizations.
- Capacity to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Provide tours of the simulation laboratories, providing basic technological demonstrations
- Participate in College initiatives and support the College missions and goals.
- Recommends solutions or suggestions for improving the Simulation Learning Center operational model.
- Acts in the role of a simulated patient for case scenarios in a standardized, accurate and reliable manner.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma
- Experience in a health care related field (Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic, Patient Care Assistant, Medical Assistant).
- (Technical / mechanical aptitude to operate MAC and Windows platform computer systems.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of health care curriculum and technology, human anatomy, and life support systems with willingness to conduct independent study in order to upgrade knowledge to match simulation education activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Computer information systems or an equivalent of related work experience
- Health care education and/or technology.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/05/2022