Senior Project Coordinator
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2040 Patient Financial Services
Patient Financial Services-Revenue Integrity
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time- Weekdays and work from home option
POSITION SUMMARY: Lead, guide and direct the implementation of organizational projects related to the revenue cycle both within Patient Financial Services, Professional Billing Services, and among various department involved in the entire Revenue Cycle. Coordinates resources, provides project leadership and direction, gives guidance to project teams, identifies any problems in critical pathways, facilitates team work among services required for the effective implementation of the project, and reports findings and recommendations to the appropriate members of the management team.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Analyzes and assesses Revenue Cycle workflows and processes. Provides recommendation for best–practice workflow processes supported by e-Health. Recommends solutions that lead to the optimization of the application and transformation of workflows. Advocates for changes in functionality based upon opportunities identified at the department level.
- Provides end user assistance with problem solving and troubleshooting of simple and intermediate issues at the technical and application levels within the revenue cycle applications; escalates complex issues as necessary.
- Acts as a liaison with the e-Health system administrators for troubleshooting and build/design issues.
- Responsible for researching of patient accounts, patient billing service processes and patient customer service activities as assigned to attain satisfactory resolution, make recommendations and present findings to manager as appropriate.
- Ensure that all reports are accurate, timely and communicated clearly to appropriate Revenue Cycle management.
- Collaborates and conducts interviews with other departments or staff as needed to ensure data is accurate and validated.
- Anticipate client needs and possesses a solid knowledge of all Revenue Cycle objectives.
- Provide leadership/direction for projects as assigned. Develop project team as appropriate.
- Independently manages daily work activities related to analyzing revenue cycle processes as assigned.
- Maintains strong project leadership skills. Stays current on best technology, best project leader skills, processes and implementation methods.
- Promote team building for project teams.
- Develops realistic timeline and work plan for all projects.
- Support Patient Financial Services managers with other special projects as requested.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management or related field.
- Five (5) years experience with revenue cycle processes and procedures in either a project or managerial capacity
- Five (5) years experience in managing teams and implementing projects.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Health Care Administration is preferred.
- Coding certification for CCS-H or CCS-P (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Five (5) years experience conducting meetings, preparing status reports, and supporting user/team members with problem solving. Knowledge of Insurance payers and Information Services background.
- Working knowledge of system and data requirements, financial management and health care reporting.
- Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma principles.
- Knowledge and experience working with data analysis tools, patient accounting systems and office programs such as Microsoft Access and Excel
- The ability to collaborate with department management and staff to communicate research findings and identify areas of process improvement across patient business services
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain attention to detail and adjust to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment. The ability to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/21/2020