Senior Project Coordinator
Lancaster General Hospital
2040 Patient Financial Services
Patient Financial Services- Leadership
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time- Weekdays and work from home option
POSITION SUMMARY: Lead, guide and direct the implementation of organizational projects related to the revenue cycle both within Patient Financial Services, Professional Billing Services, and among various department involved in the entire Revenue Cycle. Coordinates resources, provides project leadership and direction, gives guidance to project teams, identifies any problems in critical pathways, facilitates team work among services required for the effective implementation of the project, and reports findings and recommendations to the appropriate members of the management team.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Analyzes and assesses Revenue Cycle workflows and processes. Provides recommendation for best–practice workflow processes supported by e-Health. Recommends solutions that lead to the optimization of the application and transformation of workflows. Advocates for changes in functionality based upon opportunities identified at the department level.
- Provides end user assistance with problem solving and troubleshooting of simple and intermediate issues at the technical and application levels within the revenue cycle applications; escalates complex issues as necessary.
- Acts as a liaison with the e-Health system administrators for troubleshooting and build/design issues.
- Responsible for researching of patient accounts, patient billing service processes and patient customer service activities as assigned to attain satisfactory resolution, make recommendations and present findings to manager as appropriate.
- Ensure that all reports are accurate, timely and communicated clearly to appropriate Revenue Cycle management.
- Collaborates and conducts interviews with other departments or staff as needed to ensure data is accurate and validated.
- Anticipate client needs and possesses a solid knowledge of all Revenue Cycle objectives.
- Provide leadership/direction for projects as assigned. Develop project team as appropriate.
- Independently manages daily work activities related to analyzing revenue cycle processes as assigned.
- Maintains strong project leadership skills. Stays current on best technology, best project leader skills, processes and implementation methods.
- Promote team building for project teams.
- Develops realistic timeline and work plan for all projects.
- Support Patient Financial Services managers with other special projects as requested.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management or related field.
- Five (5) years experience with revenue cycle processes and procedures in either a project or managerial capacity
- Five (5) years experience in managing teams and implementing projects.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Health Care Administration is preferred.
- Coding certification for CCS-H or CCS-P (or equivalent) is preferred.
Posted on 02/18/2020
- Five (5) years experience conducting meetings, preparing status reports, and supporting user/team members with problem solving. Knowledge of Insurance payers and Information Services background.
- Working knowledge of system and data requirements, financial management and health care reporting.
- Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma principles.
- Knowledge and experience working with data analysis tools, patient accounting systems and office programs such as Microsoft Access and Excel
- The ability to collaborate with department management and staff to communicate research findings and identify areas of process improvement across patient business services
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain attention to detail and adjust to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment. The ability to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise