Senior Population Health Coordinator
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Monday-Friday Day Shift.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Population Health Senior Coordinator (PHSC) is an experienced process improvement professional with an advanced skill set and knowledge in the science and methods of process and quality improvement. The PHSC will work on broad and diverse projects and initiatives and requires the ability to flexibly adapt their style based upon the needs of the audience. The PHSC will lead and lend project support to multiple teams and complex projects at one time.
PHSC requires specialized expertise in the body of knowledge to evaluate processes; provide strategic and organizational performance improvement through consultation, risk assessment, technology enhancements, education, variation analysis, and reporting. This position functions as a change agent, demonstrating creativity, foresight and mature judgment in managing components of improvement projects. The PHSC also serves as a trainer and mentor to less experienced team members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties (The percentage of time spent performing essential functions is 80%):
Technical - Improvement
- Introduce and apply advanced technical skills including but not limited to Human Centered Design; Value Stream Management; Lean tools including rapid cycle experiments, Kaizen events, spaghetti charts, transportation and human movement. Exhibit creativity and promote organizational transformation through risk identification and resolution; project management; implementation strategy, and training skills. Advise and coach health system teams on the planning and execution of improvement efforts focused on standardization of care through care pathways, care plans, and algorithms throughout the health system.
- Self-directed and ability to work independently as a consultant on process and data-driven decision-making.
- Provides oversight and continued development to the LGH Care Pathway process and develop education/training to support changes/enhancements to processes.
- Ability to identify and understand different types of organizational problems, develop strategies and recommendations and can apply appropriate tools independently.
- Assists Service Line executives, clinical leaders, clinicians and administrators to identify and define performance measures and develop strategies for adherence and alignment with system goals.
Technical – Change Management
- Self-directed, independent critical thinking to collaborate and coach a variety of broad clinical and operational settings to orchestrate individual and organizational effectiveness, including:
- Assesses human systems to gather information about factors such as satisfaction, conflict, confusion, interest, compliance, regulatory and patient safety.
- Strategize with the team members to determine processes and interventions to create change and in the human system to improve care delivery.
- Effectively engage committee, team, and workgroup members in open dialogue and other activities to address resistance and build commitment to change.
- Develop implementation and communication strategies to support change.
Technical – Team Facilitation
- Effectively facilitates the use of Lean tools to identify key stakeholders and clearly defined ownership, roles, responsibilities and accountability (RACI; Implementation and Communication Plans).
- Provides structure through project management and timelines including all BI and eHealth deliverables.
Building Organizational Capability
- Develop and provide formal and just in time training on pathway process and tools to team members
- Develop training tools and materials appropriate for various audiences and levels
- Provides coaching and consultation on the use of a standardized approach to improvement work
- Support regulatory and accreditation activities that apply to and impact process/change development
- Work with teams to identify risks and gaps in processes that impact care delivery and patient safet
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS Degree required (Business, Mathematics, Risk, Nursing)
- Master’s degree required (completion 2 years from hire date)
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience; 3 years in Process/Quality improvement role with a focus on healthcare
- Successful completion of Lean Practitioner for Leaders and Advanced Lean Management System courses or Penn PIIA Program and Project (within 12 months in position)
- Demonstrate leadership experience managing cross-functional work teams with no direct reporting relationship.
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative when necessary
- High degree of organization to work effectively with numerous departments and administrative levels
- Must be a flexible thinker, with an ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment.
- Experience developing training materials, facilitation of training to individuals and groups appropriate for adult learners at all levels of ability.
- Experience in data analysis and delivery of findings to all levels of management
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and assist others to achieve measurable improvements.
- Experience in facilitation of teams to drive quality and process improvement within a healthcare setting.
- Experience with PI methodologies (Human Centered Design, Lean, TPS; PDSA; Six Sigma)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/06/2022