Senior Physician Relations Liaison
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
3061 Physician Relations - Customer Service
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Physician Relations Liaison is primarily responsible for enhancing the lines of communication between referring, non-UPHS physicians, LGMG Physicians and Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Providers. These responsibilities include building and supporting relationships, coordinating and disseminating information, including advanced clinical information as needed about Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Clinical Programs, acting as a key resource for internal and external clients and identifying new business opportunities with referring physicians, including specialists, other hospitals and health systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Builds and supports Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health relationships with referring providers. Identifies and builds new business opportunities and enhances lines of communication between referring physicians, including Specialists and Penn Medicine Lancaster General health Specialists. Regularly engages referring providers in increasing meaningful engagement with the goals to build new business, establish new relationships and strengthen existing relationships. Uses a variety of clinical and programmatic education materials including article/research reprints, program/service materials, videos, podcasts, clinical briefs, etc., to increase engagement with providers.
- Is recognized by internal stakeholders as a field and audience expert including specialists, and important for inclusion for network and program development. Primary resource providing information about referring physicians for Marketing, Service Line, and Division leadership, providers and administrators.
- Aggregates and shares intelligence and opportunities in a way that facilitates and encourages discussion and positions opportunities for operational improvements.
- Uses advanced skills at accessing and interpreting data from multiple sources in order to glean insight to inform strategy. Uses data on a regular basis to help inform messaging and identify opportunities.
- Uses advanced territory management and routing to create effective sales plans.
- Uses advanced sales strategies and techniques to drive volume to specific programs, and to uncover new business development opportunities for the health system.
- Development and implementation of sales plans to include goals for volume growth for identified programs.
- Budget Management – Collaborate on development for audience/market specific budget creation and management
- Integrates referring physician marketing strategies into sales plans to build business (i.e. facilitates physician round tables, CME promotion, clinical briefings).
- Consistently meets Target activity and volume goals, and actively working towards Stretch goals.
- Strengthen Physician Relations, increase opportunities for collaboration, move market share through enhanced referral networks, increase revenue and build physician preference for Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health.
- Leads/facilitates focused topic discussions in training and sales planning meetings, and offers examples and case studies for discussion and learning.
- Actively pilots and works with new ideas and technology to effectively to help advance sales team efforts (i.e. technology, sales tools, etc.).
- Consistently utilizes PRM database with daily entry of Physician Outreach activity, issues, opportunities.
- Serves as a mentor with other liaisons to facilitate growth.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, nursing, or other healthcare field is required.
- Seven (7) years of healthcare sales experience is required.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and prior experience working with Healthcare providers is required.
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- Medical and/or Pharmaceutical/Device sales experience is highly preferred.
- Academic Medical Center Experience / Experience working with Specialists.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 03/24/2021