Senior Lab Assistant Microbiology
As outlined in the Essential Functions, duties vary by assigned area. Duties may include: performing waived and moderately complex test procedures, supporting Quality Control and documentation, data entering the resulting, function verification, instrument maintenance, and clerical work.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full-time, 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week working 2nd shift, hours between 12pm and 12am. 2-3 holidays per year and weekend rotation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to be responsible to perform the following duties:
Micro Immunology-Allergy Testing:
- Performs waived and moderately complex test procedures.
- Performs and documents Quality Control. Verifies functioning of instruments.
- Performs initial evaluation and handling of incoming specimens: separation, centrifugation and preservation procedures: sorts and organizes specimen batches.
- Organize, labels and numbers specimen, worksheets and appropriate test materials in test set up.
- Measures and dispenses specimens and reagents in test system.
- Calls, results and documents “critical” values.
- Monitors manual functions of test system and instruments to assure accuracy and precision; performs and runs standards, patient samples, programmed controls through automated or manual protocols.
- Records and evaluates programmed quality control results according to established control limits; follows corrective action procedures for out of control situations.
- Accurately enters test results and related data into Laboratory and other computer systems.
- Reports and monitors test results in computer systems, troubleshooting when necessary.
- Performs routine scheduled maintenance, cleaning and decontamination of instruments, equipment and work area not cleaned by Environmental Services personnel.
- Advise locations on specimen collection/requirements.
- Exhibits appropriate professionalism and work ethic in accordance with Experience Standards.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months employment in healthcare setting.
- Six (6) months receptionist/clerical/data entry in healthcare setting with medical terminology and computer experience.
- Ability to perform tasks using Microsoft windows, Word, Excel and other applicable computer programs.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Centrifuge, clinical instrumentation and devices and Office Supplies.
Software: Microsoft Office Products, LIS, Care 360, UNIPOC and RALS.
Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Bio hazardous Waste
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Moving/Rotating Machinery
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/29/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.