Senior Executive Assistant to CEO
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
3071 Executive Office
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk); 8:30am-5:00pm. This position may require some hours outside of 8:30am-5:00pm but minimal.
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose is to provide support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Special Assistant to the Chief Executive Office. This support will be given in a way that is professional and cohesive with the mission and vision of the organization using the corporate values, while always maintaining a high level of diplomacy and confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintains files and security of confidential information. Manages information coming into and out of the Office of the CEO. Uses discretion to identify appropriate staff and external individuals and organizations and circulate as appropriate.
- Act as principal liaison with Board of Trustees and Committees of the Boards, as well as Penn Medicine. Correspond with the Board of Trustees and Committees of the Board on behalf of the CEO. Assist the Board of Trustees and Committees of the Board, as needed.
- Provides research and support on special projects, preparing data, making recommendations, forming conclusions and occasionally presenting materials. Coordinates and tracks workflow, schedules, projects, and committee decisions through the organization to ensure paperwork is complete, appropriate, and follow-up services are provided in a timely fashion.
- Schedules and prioritizes appointments, prepares materials for meetings, answers routine inquiries, and provides assistance in ensuring the image of the Office of the CEO is preserved.
- Responds to calls and visits from patients, their families, and the public-at-large; identifies and assesses the urgency of the situation. Using knowledge of organization, suggests appropriate referrals or escalates to executive when situation warrants the executive’s attention.
- Maintains lists of key contacts, partners and strategic relationships. Supports and coordinates outreach and communication activities for the Office of the CEO.
- Coordinates travel arrangements (domestic and foreign), including working with outside agencies to determine favorable costs for transportation, lodging, schedules, meeting documentation and itineraries, while coordinating travel with other internal and external travelers. Prepares travel advance and expense reports as needed.
- Anticipates and coordinates all aspects of meetings/conferences/events including logistics, technology and presenters for both internal and external locations. Creates and distributes invitations and agendas, builds relationships with meeting attendees, attends meetings to take notes and transcribes into minutes and distributes materials.
- Organizes and coordinates the flow of internal and external information while utilizing technology based communication platforms. Stays current on new and revised technologies, while sharing knowledge and supporting others, as appropriate.
- Composes and prepares timely e-mails, correspondence, memos, presentations, and reports as needed using independent judgment. Takes shorthand dictation and/or transcribes from handwritten material or Dictaphone. Types, formats, and proofreads a variety of materials using flawless grammar. Creates reports, charts, databases, spreadsheets, statistics, meeting minutes, etc. to support the executives’ needs with minimal guidance.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Directs decision making to the proper authority.
- Maintains required records, files, and compiles required statistics
- Maintains equipment and supplies for the needs of the Office of the CEO.
- Attends meetings, as required. Supports other team members willingly and with enthusiasm.
- Maintains professional growth and development through educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Provides back-up support to the Executive Office Lobby and other support staff in the Executive Office as needed, while working in a team environment in a way that is professional, cohesive and respectful.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in complimentary field.
- More than five (5) years’ experience providing direct support at an executive level and the ability to perform functions independently.
- Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office software including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced proficiency of English grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation.
- Exceptional communication/interpersonal skills with professional demeanor and the ability to make sound decisions with minimal direction.
- Four (4) years’ experience providing direct executive support to a CEO.
- Typing of 60 wpm, shorthand 70 wpm or equivalent Dictaphone experience.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/08/2021